1,200 Horsepower 2015 Ferrari F80 Prancing Pony Concept

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Too weird to like. There is way too much going on there.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I could deal with it! :)

It does, however, look to be somewhat of an unsafe design. Although one would never want to put this type of car in this situation, if the car somehow spun itself backwards at high speed it looks to me as if it would become airborne.

Tom

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
With that kind of HP and Torque, we're gonna need stickier roads.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
OMG Gary WTF

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
There is no way Steve. Hence my WTF. That's a friggin' snuff film.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It bothered me so much I had to look it up. Thank God I was wrong. The driver not only survived, he was able to get his passenger out of the car before it caught fire and burned. Gotta hand it to Lambo's safety engineers.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I hope they got jail time. They deserved to die IMO by endangering so many innocent people. What is the purpose of cars like these on the street? I get upset when people pass me at 90mph with children in their backseats. Radical as it may seem I would support automatic speed control devices in cars set to 10mph over the posted limit for safety maneuvers.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Gary, I saw the end result of the same thing with a Corvette up in Washington, DC many moons ago. The vehicle passed me (most likely doing top speed) like I was standing still just a flyin' down the highway. About 3 miles later, I see a wreck. Apparently, this cat hit a slight dip in the road (which at normal speed wouldn't have been an issue) and launched himself up in the air, landing on top of the concrete median barrier at lord only knows what angle. The car was disintegrated into thousands of pieces and as I drove by, I didn't notice any body in the vehicle which was at this point, ripped completely open. My guess is he flew out of the vehicle and landed on the other side of the highway.

That was my concern with this Ferrari, although that isn't what happened to the Corvette. If somehow the vehicle spun around backwards at high speed, the aerodynamics going backwards would act like an airplane's wing lifting the vehicle up into the air.

Tom

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I hope they got jail time. They deserved to die IMO by endangering so many innocent people. What is the purpose of cars like these on the street? I get upset when people pass me at 90mph with children in their backseats. Radical as it may seem I would support automatic speed control devices in cars set to 10mph over the posted limit for safety maneuvers.

They did. Wreckless endangerment plus other charges.

@Tom

Remember the Mercedes CLRa that went airborne? One of them flew OVER the guard rails and into the forest.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Wow. No, I never did hear about that accident. Looks like he ended up waaay out in the woods.

Tom

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
wow. Did he walk away from the crash

Amazingly, the driver walked away from the crash (at 315 KPH).

His passenger suffered severe injuries and the driver is up for several criminal charges.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing