The Maxx 3 will soon be in my system!

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Just wanted to share the good news. I have placed an order thru my dealer for a new set of Maxx 3's in Diamond black. I am so thrilled to finally be getting a pair. I wanted Maxx 2's a few years back and could have sold my Watt Puppy 7's but am glad I waited until the time was right for me.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Congrats Vern

we are going to have to get together.

Steve, I so want to come over soon. I need to use your system as a reference. I'm trying to get my room prepped for the change. ;)

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Congratulations. What gear will be paired with the Maxx's ??

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Congratulations! I hope they bring you years of joy!

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Hi Jim,

I sort of dropped out of dedicated stereo and sold my previous Audio Research preamp and Ayre CD player. I am presently using an Oppo BDP-105 ( I need to have it modified) into a Classe SSP-800 plugged into a Transparent power isolator reference. The front end is running balanced into a Mark Levinson 335 for stereo and one Mark Levinson 433 three channel amp for the Mezzo and Sophia rear channels. Transparent Super Gen5 cables. My problem now is I listened to the Momentum mono blocks powering Alexandria XLF last week. I didn't want to leave the store. I'm sure you and others on here know of that epiphany? ;)

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Nice speaker congrats , i think they represent good value , no need to feel bad about a relatively cheap digital source , mine was 230 euros new :D

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Jim,

I sort of dropped out of dedicated stereo and sold my previous Audio Research preamp and Ayre CD player. I am presently using an Oppo BDP-105 ( I need have it modified) into a Classe SSP-800 plugged into a Transparent power isolator reference. The front end is running balanced into a Mark Levinson 335 for stereo and one Mark Levinson 433 three channel amp for the Mezzo and Sophia rear channels. Transparent Super Gen5 cables. My problem now is I listened to the Momentum mono blocks powering Alexandria XLF last week. I didn't want to leave the store. I'm sure you and others on here know of that epiphany? ;)

Congrats, that is an awesome system...Maxx 3s are a ton of speaker. I have the latest Focal Ti tweeter after my old ones broke, and it is much better...thanks to the design/development work originally done with your speaker.

btw, i did much the same with my digital...mod'd Oppo for a number of years til it broke. That things was fantastic. Sadly, the cost to repair was more than i wanted to risk if it broke again...i got a 'regular' 95 at steep discount just as the 105 was being introduced and people were moving inventory. Many people found the well-done mod'd version superior...i certainly did. But with my Zanden doing 100% of my D/A (and now Transport too)...i use the Oppo only for Video and even do digital out for movies to the Zanden.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Congratulations on an excellent acquisition - the MAXX3 are great speakers. I hope you will manage to forget the XLF experience someday - but I am still unsuccessfully trying!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congratulations on an excellent acquisition - the MAXX3 are great speakers. I hope you will manage to forget the XLF experience someday - but I am still unsuccessfully trying!

Will you be trading in your SoundLabs and Alexias for an XLF then? ;)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Will you be trading in your SoundLabs and Alexias for an XLF then? ;)

No, I am still in the drilling in my garden phase. No oil wells yet :(

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Regarding the above post to microstrip from LL21,

I love reading the equipment signatures. I do recall for several years Soundlabs were on my list. I have owned Magggie's, Acoustat, and also Martin Logan.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas

It's like viewing a beautiful woman, sunset, mountains, beach, etc. I want to keep the image in my head.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing