The wbf demonstration & test cd

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Everyone,

We are soliciting your help in putting together an exclusive CD for testing and demoing audio systems. We're looking for short selections of our members playing their musical instruments (I know we've got some pros out there!) and home-made imaging/soundstaging examples. We'll be interested in uncompressed recordings and they will be combined into one of the first forum exclusive projects we have in mind for WBF.

Bruce B. of Puget Sound has graciously offered to assist in the production of this CD. So, we have a true professional handling the technical aspects of the production!

Please contact me via PM with your interest in this project!

Thanks,

Lee

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
There are no copyright concerns (as far as infringement) if we generate our own content for the disc. That's why I asked for forum members playing their instruments. We have some bonified performers here (don't be shy, folks!). We have some lawyers on the forum who might be helpful in determining our rights to this project (protection from others' piracy, etc.)

We are looking for a wide variety of musical styles that can showcase different aspects of high-fidelity reproduction. We need some solo instrumental, group/orchestra pieces, talking/walking/movement demos, and some exciting dynamic range demos. The "Oy'm standing in my gay-rage with Cal-Rec Soundfield Microphone" track from HiFi News &RR is one example, so is Mickey Hart's tipping over the "Beast" on Dafos. There are many others. The idea is to get creative and bring some new content to the project.

I have contacted Bruce B. and asked about how to submit material for the project.

We are open to suggestions from the forum members. This disc will be the first of our exclusive projects that will cement the status of WBF as "What's Best"!!!

Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing