Ultra 6 being released

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
$900 for a point? He should have just gone for a cool $1k. Wow.

Has anyone compared with Wave Kinetics which are $800/4?

Thanks

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
Ya I knew they were coming - happy I didn't load up on 5's and only have them under my speakers.

You will never be done :D:D

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Ya I knew they were coming - happy I didn't load up on 5's and only have them under my speakers.

You will never be done :D:D

just out of curiosity, i probably will try them next time i get a chance...but i am so happy with where we are, i have moved on to tackle a much bigger source of vibration. We shall see.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

Thanks

I think they are a cool $1K if you include the footer/base or hat?. IOW, $8K for a pair of speakers.

If adding them to a Sasha (or S3) makes it sound like an Alexia (or S5), it may be worth it ;) Seriously, these may be more appropriate for a $80K+ speaker (10% of cost).

At this price one is close to Vibraplane or Minus K territory if considering three of these under a piece of electronics or DAC.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
I think they are a cool $1K if you include the footer/base or hat?. IOW, $8K for a pair of speakers.

If adding them to a Sasha (or S3) makes it sound like an Alexia (or S5), it may be worth it ;) Seriously, these may be more appropriate for a $80K+ speaker (10% of cost).

At this price one is close to Vibraplane or Minus K territory if considering three of these under a piece of electronics or DAC.

No doubt someone will find a way to install a mid size sedan worth of these in his system for a truly transformative sonic experience.

dmnc02

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2012
PA, USA
These were announced at CES last year. Compared to the Ultra 5, they have an additional technology pocket on the bottom side (bringing the total number of pockets to 6). They need to be screwed in or used with the optional bases.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com

Has anyone compared with Wave Kinetics which are $800/4?

Thanks

I tried the Wave Kinetics under both speaker and amps and didn't hear a difference. The Stillpoints are the real deal!!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
They don't look much different than the 5's. Looks like the same amount of technology pockets as well. Will these replace the 5's or be an addition to the current line of products?

I'm not replacing my 5's but if I need more I will try the 6's...most likely when I pull the trigger on the pass xs pre.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
They don't look much different than the 5's. Looks like the same amount of technology pockets as well. Will these replace the 5's or be an addition to the current line of products?
Look at the pictures and read the description more closely ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing