Avalon: Customer Service

JimmyS

Sep 1, 2013
Chicago, IL
Anyone know if the factory is still running?

I ordered a set of Eidolon replacement grills in Nov 2013, received an invoice in Feb 2014, sent payment (check was cashed), and still have no grills. Numerous phone calls, emails, promises of both a refund and my grills in the mail this week yielded nothing, and now no responses.

If anyone have a reliable contact at the factory to help address this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Last edited:

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Anyone know if the factory is still running?

I ordered a set of Eidolon replacement grills in Nov 2013, received an invoice in Feb 2014, sent payment (check was cashed), and still have no grills. Numerous phone calls, emails, promises of both a refund and my grills in the mail this week yielded nothing, and now no responses.

If anyone have a reliable contact at the factory to help address this, I'd rally appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Strange. I ordered two replacement drivers (2 years ago I believe), and got phenomenal service...

rallan

Feb 8, 2014
I just had an issue with my Ascendants and finally was contacted. Give this person a try dmitrip@avalonacoustics.com Phone 303-440-0422,ext 100
This person is in Sales and Marketing. He was very helpful
Robert

rallan

Feb 8, 2014
edorr, you replied to my posting regarding leakage from the ports. Did you get that resolved. I received a call from Avalon about this issue and they told me it was a supplier issue that they have changed and have kits they will send free of charge to install. Seems it is and issue with material behind the woofer. He said no soldering or any major work was needed to replace this material.
Robert

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
edorr, you replied to my posting regarding leakage from the ports. Did you get that resolved. I received a call from Avalon about this issue and they told me it was a supplier issue that they have changed and have kits they will send free of charge to install. Seems it is and issue with material behind the woofer. He said no soldering or any major work was needed to replace this material.
Robert

I never resolve or tried to resolve the issue. I ended up putting some material under the speaker to catch the leakage and avoid damage to my carpet. I sold my Eidolon Visions some time ago. Wonderful speaker. Only limitation is you cannot play them too loud - I blew up my midrange drivers tying to. I was in "upgrade mode" and actually made an offer on a used pair of Times which was declined, so I ended up with another brand.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I just had an issue with my Ascendants and finally was contacted. Give this person a try dmitrip@avalonacoustics.com Phone 303-440-0422,ext 100
This person is in Sales and Marketing. He was very helpful
Robert

+1

I have recetly ordered some replacement parts from Avalon, and they were shipped very prompltly (within a week). Dmitri promptly replied to all my emails. That is a good customer service in my book !

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I sold my Eidolon Visions some time ago. Wonderful speaker.

Ditto. I had the Eidolons Visions too - wonderful speakers indeed ! At the price you can get them now s/h, they are a steal IMO.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Ditto. I had the Eidolons Visions too - wonderful speakers indeed ! At the price you can get them now s/h, they are a steal IMO.

I bought and sold mine for $9,500. 30% of retail for a current model top notch product! A steal indeed. Also the best looking speaker I ever owned. Love the design.

JimmyS

Sep 1, 2013
Chicago, IL
Just to follow up, still no response from Avalon. I'm done with them and they have lost a customer who has owned 2 different sets of their speakers over a $330 parts order which was paid for and never delivered.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Just to follow up, still no response from Avalon. I'm done with them and they have lost a customer who has owned 2 different sets of their speakers over a $330 parts order which was paid for and never delivered.

Sad to hear--they probably fell apart when Julien left

Ex Ascent II owner here

BruceD

JimmyS

Sep 1, 2013
Chicago, IL
The power of the internet. Between this post and a 1 star feedback posted to their facebook site, seems someone noticed. Today out the blue, a package arrived from Avalon with a pair of grills for Eidolon's and refund check.

The Eidolon's are gone and I'll never be buying another pair. If anyone needs a set of grills for theirs and doesnt want to wait 1.5 years, your welcome to these (just pay for shipping to you).

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The power of the internet. Between this post and a 1 star feedback posted to their facebook site, seems someone noticed. Today out the blue, a package arrive from Avalon with a pair of grills for Eidolon's and refund check.

The Eidolon's are gone and I'll never be buying another pair. If anyone needs a set of grills for theirs and doesnt want to wait 1.5 years, your welcome to these (just pay for shipping to you).

sad ending to the story Jimmy

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
This story is bizzare. I had zero problems with getting spere parts ... and I'm in Poland !

JimmyS

Sep 1, 2013
Chicago, IL
This story is bizzare. I had zero problems with getting spere parts ... and I'm in Poland !

Elberoth, I wish it was different. If you have any doubts, I'd be happy to forward the email chain dating back to feb 2014. Initial contact was made Nov 2013.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Make no mistake - I do believe you. I me it looks like one off though, which may happen in any company.

Last year a friend of mine, also from Poland, asked Avalon for replacement woofers for long discontinued Avalon model. Again - no problems and prompt shipping to Poland.

Trcnet

Jun 21, 2015
I believe the problem was do to being short staffed. Avalon Acoustics has recently hired Steve Huntley who many of you may know for his modifications and owner of Great Northern Sound Company in Minnesota. I recently called Avalon with an inquiry and received a call back from Steve in about 10-15 minutes time!!! Also have received same day return of emails. Hopefully with some time his contribution to Avalon will help restore faith in their customer service for those in doubt.

vassago

Dec 1, 2011
denmark
I believe the problem was do to being short staffed. Avalon Acoustics has recently hired Steve Huntley who many of you may know for his modifications and owner of Great Northern Sound Company in Minnesota. I recently called Avalon with an inquiry and received a call back from Steve in about 10-15 minutes time!!! Also have received same day return of emails. Hopefully with some time his contribution to Avalon will help restore faith in their customer service for those in doubt.

About time.

I had only problems with them,, and still have on a pair of Isis, one speaker we ship back wass ok for 1 week, the is had a funny sound from inside, and is over 3 years now, and no feedback from Avalon, and Isis Indra with veneer problems.

But to day i dont sell them no more and that is good,, the sound is good that is all, the rest is ****.

IMGP1905.JPG IMGP1908.JPG Isis1.jpg Isis2.jpg Isis3.jpg

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Did you get them like this from the factory ?

I had the Avalons myself, and helped my friends to uncrate at least 4 other pairs, but have never seen anything like this. They always came perfect (unlike products from some other well respected manufacturers that shall remain unnamed).

I have alwyas thought that Avalon has the best veneers in the business.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Did you get them like this from the factory ?

I had the Avalons myself, and helped my friends to uncrate at least 4 other pairs, but have never seen anything like this. They always came perfect (unlike products from some other well respected manufacturers that shall remain unnamed).

I have alwyas thought that Avalon has the best veneers in the business.

Avalon the best veneers in the business? Sorry to disagree: imo it is not even close if you compare their veneers to those of Tidal Audio.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing