Ferrari FXX K

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Just stunning, a more extreme LaFerrari - http://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/sports-cars-models/gt-racing/ferrari-fxx-k/

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Somehow I get the feeling that you'd look rather silly in this car if you have a waistline greater than 32 inches. LOL!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Yeah,as if anyone would be looking at the occupants of the car :D BTW, HP is over 1000, hence the "K" I think

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Yeah,as if anyone would be looking at the occupants of the car :D BTW, HP is over 1000, hence the "K" I think
K stands for KERS...Kinetic energy recovery system. Energy from braking is captured and stored in the battery system to add Boost to the hybrid electric motors when needed or desired. formula One cars use a KERS system.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I'm loosing interest in the new Ferraris. There is something "over the top" with their styling. The curves have gotten too aggressive almost knifelike. I'm with Peter. Give me a Porsche any day.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I'm loosing interest in the new Ferraris. There is something "over the top" with their styling. The curves have gotten too aggressive almost knifelike. I'm with Peter. Give me a Porsche any day.

Seems that their market has gotten to be those who likes a little more "bling" :) FWIW I don't like the number "10" on the car whatever it means :( ...

Having tried to drive a 600 HP car, what level of driver's skills would be required to drive such a beast? You press the pedal on these monsters and you find yourself in a different Time Zone, 3 secs later :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Seems that their market has gotten to be those who likes a little more "bling" :) FWIW I don't like the number "10" on the car whatever it means :( ...

Having tried to drive a 600 HP car, what level of driver's skills would be required to drive such a beast? You press the pedal on these monsters and you find yourself in a different Time Zone, 3 secs later :)

Eddie Griffin style?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Seems that their market has gotten to be those who likes a little more "bling"

Here are a couple of photos of a V12 Ferrari that my father drove home in the early 1970's much to the shock of my mother. I think it is a 1966 330 GTC. He paid about $8,000 then and it is perhaps worth about $750,000 today. Sadly he sold it about four years after he bought it. It has considerably less "bling". Sorry, I can't seem to get the image to rotate.

photo.JPG

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Here are a couple of photos of a V12 Ferrari that my father drove home in the early 1970's much to the shock of my mother. I think it is a 1966 330 GTC. He paid about $8,000 then and it is perhaps worth about $750,000 today. Sadly he sold it about four years after he bought it. It has considerably less "bling". Sorry, I can't seem to get the image to rotate.

All better now. ;)

Untitled-1.jpg

*If you use Windows, get a freeware program called Irfanview.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
The only issue I see with this car is the rear wing...since it doesn't span the width of the car, it is pretty useless in the formation of rear end down force. $3 million + is another issue...lol

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
The only issue I see with this car is the rear wing...since it doesn't span the width of the car, it is pretty useless in the formation of rear end down force. $3 million + is another issue...lol

...and, the Bugatti Super Sport has 1200 horsepower with a top speed of 268MPH for the same price. Of course, a guy could always get both. :D

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
...and, the Bugatti Super Sport has 1200 horsepower with a top speed of 268MPH for the same price. Of course, a guy could always get both. :D

From looks standpoint, Bugatti is one of the ugliest supercars ever built. I'm sure the looks would grow in my if I owned one however...lol

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA

Me three. The F355 remains my favorite modern F car by a mile. And the gated chrome shifter must be fun as hell!

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
From looks standpoint, Bugatti is one of the ugliest supercars ever built. I'm sure the looks would grow in my if I owned one however...lol

Unfortunately, ugly is forever.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing