Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Black Friday Trailer 2015

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Loved Abram's camera work for the flight sequences in Star Trek. I see it here but even better. Okay, I'm stoked.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Here is a first glimpse of a teaser trailer that will be shown today

They need to redo the first scene. The guy popping up into view looks like a guy with spray on sweat trying to act flustered or scared. Fail.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wow, but December 2015? Another one of those year long waits. Looking forward. I never got into those 3 prequels. The original cast grows older, and hopefully better.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
"Bad Robot" in action. Nice touch JJ! :D

Blue, it would have been better if the guy didn't look so much like a certain SNL cast member.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
"Bad Robot" in action. Nice touch JJ! :D

Blue, it would have been better if the guy didn't look so much like a certain SNL cast member.

:D

Blue

You hit it right.. The scene looks fake. :) I don't expect great cinematography or character development from Star Wars.it will be fun to watch but unlikely to be a great movie a la Batman .. Still, a year in advance ?!? ??? :rolleyes:...

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I am sorry but both trailers look dreadful. The last 3 movies were dreck, actually the last for if you included ROTJ. Could Harrison Ford look any more disinterested? I have lost some faith in JJ as well after the last Star Trek film. Not anticipating this one in the least. And the lightsaber in the shape of a cross. Really???????

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I think the first trailer is a fan trailer. Ford is wearing his Ender's Game uniform and the H. Solo looked rendered in.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I think the first trailer is a fan trailer. Ford is wearing his Ender's Game uniform and the H. Solo looked rendered in.

It is indeed Jack. I noticed that after I posted it but left it in.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Ho Hum...another installment of a milked-to-death franchise.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
probably correct but Disney will be laughing all the way to the bank

True that! Star Wars are like the Mac Donald franchise , you know the food will be ..well... Nac Donald , yet people do take their children to have a good time there . . Fast food franchises versus high end restaurants. I would have been pleased with a Star Wars that at least try to combine the money-making aspect of this with a better movie. I tend to clal that the Mac Donald syndrome. Since the third movies of the original trilogy, Star Wars movies have gotten worse, installments after installments. Let's face it. I expect no better.

OTOH Batman movies are a different animal , even Star Trek may surprise with some depth and good acting ... Star Wars??? Meh !! Although I will go see it and likely enjoy it some.. , All that IMO, YMMV.

Sorry Jadis if we came across so strong against SW. Be assured we will still enjoy it.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
True that! Star Wars are like the Mac Donald franchise , you know the food will be ..well... Nac Donald , yet people do take their children to have a good time there . . Fast food franchises versus high end restaurants. I would have been pleased with a Star Wars that at least try to combine the money-making aspect of this with a better movie. I tend to clal that the Mac Donald syndrome. Since the third movies of the original trilogy, Star Wars movies have gotten worse, installments after installments. Let's face it. I expect no better.

OTOH Batman movies are a different animal , even Star Trek may surprise with some depth and good acting ... Star Wars??? Meh !! Although I will go see it and likely enjoy it some.. , All that IMO, YMMV.

Sorry Jadis if we came across so strong against SW. Be assured we will still enjoy it.

No problem, FrantzM. There always will be different angles of appreciation in movies. I didn't care much for the prequels 1,2,3. But my favorite was Empire Strikes Back, or Episode 5. My memory with Episode 6 is mainly on Jabba the Hut so I'd rather forget that one altogether. I'd still like to see the older Mark and Harrison in 7 so that may be my main attraction. Effects and sound should be mind-boggling.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So many years later and I'm still wishing I could have the two hours of my life wasted on The Phantom Menace back.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
So many years later and I'm still wishing I could have the two hours of my life wasted on The Phantom Menace back.

TPM really sucked -- total junk. I'm optimistic about the new series. JJ Abrams did a great job rebooting Star Trek (first one moreso than second) and Rian Johnson is an interesting choice to do the next two, a tiny bit along the lines of having Irvin Kershner direct #2 of the original series, which was the best of all the movies.

number95

May 14, 2014

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I have never seen anyone fail film making as bad as that. I mean that kid? The mom? Did they grab the first two in the local McDonald and ran with them? I remember sitting there in the theater not believing my eyes how bad some of the scenes were.

I think George thought it was all about special effects. But this is not 1970s. By then special effects were everywhere in movies so that alone was not going to remotely save the movie.

Back to this one, I am just hoping it is a shade better than bad :). I want it to be watchable. I think there should be a law against making any science fiction movie that doesn't do as much :D.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing