Soundkeeper Recordings - Winds of Change

bdiament

Apr 26, 2012
New York area
Hi all,

I am thrilled to announce the release of my latest Soundkeeper Recording: Winds of Change.

sr005-300.jpg

Winds of Change, is the follow-up to Lift, the album by Art Halperin and his band, Work of Art, that was the very first release on Soundkeeper Recordings. Art's masterful guitar work (both acoustic and electric) soars with his captivating melodies, while the band drives the tunes with creative instrumental support and their rich vocal harmonies.

Recorded in a 19th century church, Winds of Change features Work of Art at its best, performing their infectious songs with a joy that can be felt in the listening.

The album will ship on December 1 and pre-orders are being accepted now.

For those who might be interested, Winds of Change was recorded "live" (for the microphones), direct to stereo, with no overdubs or mixing.

Balances were achieved by moving the players and instruments on the stage, instead of moving faders on a console. The performances were captured by a stereo array consisting of a matched pair of wideband microphones.

Recorded at 24/192 (24-bits, 192k sampling rate), the result is the best sounding Work of Art album yet, in high definition, with unrestricted dynamics. The goal was to provide the listener with all the cues necessary to give the feeling of being transported to the church, in the presence of the performances.

Samples of the music, and photos and videos from the recording sessions are now up on the Soundkeeper site.

For more background on the sessions, as well as a list of recording equipment, see the Winds of Change entry in the Soundkeeper blog.

Best regards and Happy Listening!
Barry
www.soundkeeperrecordings.com
www.soundkeeperrecordings.wordpress.com
www.barrydiamentaudio.com

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Barry. I have been looking forward to this! Can't wait to hear it and thanks for letting us know.

Tom

bdiament

Apr 26, 2012
New York area
Hello, Barry. I have been looking forward to this! Can't wait to hear it and thanks for letting us know.

Tom

Thank you Tom.
This was one of the most joyful sessions I've ever done and I believe this can be heard and felt from the recording.

Best regards,
Barry

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I too think it's a great record, both music and sound.

Vette

Feb 2, 2014
I ordered 16/44.1 version today. (I couldn't hear any difference from 24/192 offering which cost considerable more.)

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I ordered 16/44.1 version today. (I couldn't hear any difference from 24/192 offering which cost considerable more.)
Wow. Not even close to my experience!

Vette

Feb 2, 2014

I spent a very enjoyable evening last listening to Winds of Change by Work of Art. The recording quality is superb, crystal clear dynamics and pin-point imaging. It was a refreshing experience hearing real musicians, playing real instruments, and in real time. There are no overdubs and no mixes. This is the type of recording that makes my time and investment in a music system worthwhile.

If this music doesn't get you toe-tapping and hand-clapping you need to check the color of your blood.

bdiament

Apr 26, 2012
New York area
I spent a very enjoyable evening last listening to Winds of Change by Work of Art. The recording quality is superb, crystal clear dynamics and pin-point imaging. It was a refreshing experience hearing real musicians, playing real instruments, and in real time. There are no overdubs and no mixes. This is the type of recording that makes my time and investment in a music system worthwhile.

If this music doesn't get you toe-tapping and hand-clapping you need to check the color of your blood.

Hi Vette,

Thank you so much for your post.
I said from early on that these were some of the most joyful sessions I've ever done and I got lucky enough to have captured that in the recordings. A number of folks have independently mentioned the feel of the music on this album. I feel very fortunate to have recorded this.

This album (and Soundkeeper) just got a very nice write-up by Nelson Brill on his Boston Concert Reviews site.

Best regards,
Barry
www.soundkeeperrecorings.wordpress.com

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Thank you Andre.
Very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Barry

From the heart Barry, we need virtuoso's like you pushing the state of the art of recording forward.
There are a few experienced masters like your self still practicing their trade, and we should all be thankful.

Cheers.

bdiament

Apr 26, 2012
New York area
From the heart Barry, we need virtuoso's like you pushing the state of the art of recording forward.
There are a few experienced masters like your self still practicing their trade, and we should all be thankful.

Cheers.

Hi Andre,

You are very kind.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Barry

Vette

Feb 2, 2014
I have a habit of looking at my laptop or reading a magazine as I listen to music. However, when I listen to the new CD Winds of Change by Work of Art I close the laptop or put down the magazine. I don't want to miss out on any of the vocal and instrument music quality in the recording.

bdiament

Apr 26, 2012
New York area
I have a habit of looking at my laptop or reading a magazine as I listen to music. However, when I listen to the new CD Winds of Change by Work of Art I close the laptop or put down the magazine. I don't want to miss out on any of the vocal and instrument music quality in the recording.

Thank you Vette!
That means a lot. Will share this with Art and the band.

Best regards,
Barry

Vette

Feb 2, 2014
Thank you Vette!
That means a lot. Will share this with Art and the band.

Best regards,
Barry

Barry, if the band wants to hear just how good their song Together can sound on a home audio system recommend they hear it on PMC speakers, IB2i and above.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing