Burmester Burmester - Art the ear - Vorführungs CDs

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
I own the original Burmester Art for the ear - Burmester - Art for the ear - Vorführungs CD 2 and 3 but I only have a Chinese made copy of number 1. I am very uncertain if the contents of that number 1 is identical to the real Burmeser number 1. So I was hoping somebody here owning the real Burmester number 1 could confirm its contents. I know both Mike Lavigne and Steve Williams own it and Steve also promised to try to find it and give me the contents but I guess it must have slipped his mind. So to anyone who owns it can you please help me?

Here is the original thread I created on the subject:
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?11527-Burmester-Art-for-the-ear-Vol-1-CD-Sampler

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I believe I have #1. I'll check when I'm back in the studio this evening.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I own the original Burmester Art for the ear - Burmester - Art for the ear - Vorführungs CD 2 and 3 but I only have a Chinese made copy of number 1. I am very uncertain if the contents of that number 1 is identical to the real Burmeser number 1. So I was hoping somebody here owning the real Burmester number 1 could confirm its contents. I know both Mike Lavigne and Steve Williams own it and Steve also promised to try to find it and give me the contents but I guess it must have slipped his mind. So to anyone who owns it can you please help me?

Here is the original thread I created on the subject:
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?11527-Burmester-Art-for-the-ear-Vol-1-CD-Sampler

Well happy birthday Steve! Is it a monument birthday or have you lost count?....or are in my camp and simply don't care!

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
If you do Bruce, I'd love one as well

Does anyone have CD2?

Happy Birthday, Steve!

The one you are talking about with Anne-Sophie von Otter is Burmester CD 2.

This is the contents I have on each of the three Burmester CD's. The number 1 I have is a Chinese remaster claimed to be of the Burmester CD1 but I am pretty unsure if the contents is the same as the real original Burmester CD1. Almost all tracks on this copy is from the Norwegian record company Kirkelig Kulturverksted and some of the tracks seem to be released on its original album after the Burmester CD1 was released:

CD 1:
1 - Kari Bremnes - Sangen om tornehavn
2 - Ray Charles & Natalie Cole - Fever
3 - Mickey Hart - Udo chant
4 - Aage Kvalbein - Adagio from concerto do Aranjuez
5 - Muddy Waters - Good morning little school girl
6 - Andersen, Alnæs, Carstensen - Sommerflørt
7 - Ole Paus & Norsk Kammerkor - Som en storm
8 - Unknown artist - Opera Overture
9 - Sondre Brattland - O du hellige (O Sanctissima)
10 - Milonga del Angel - Tango for 3
11 - Lill Lindfors - Månen

Please pay attention to the fact the contents shown on the cover of Burmester CD2 actually is very inaccurate. It doesn't show the actual track and artist. I have done the research myself to come to the track list shown below. You will not find my track list anywhere else on the net. Everything else on the net is wrong. On this list there is only one track I am not certain about and that is track #7. It is not called Linderkirsche Berlin. Linderkirsche Berlin is the name of the organ played on that CD. I am trying to figure out which track it is which is included on the Burmester CD2 and its name. I don't know yet. The original CD this track is taken from is this one: http://www.amazon.de/Max-Reger-Orge...6845881&sr=8-1&keywords=Lindenkirche+(Berlin)

Please compare the track list on the cover in this picture and the one I put together below:
Burmester_CD2.jpg

CD 2:
1 - Radka Toneff & Steve Dobrogosz - The moon is a harsh mistress
2 - Paco de Lucia - La barrossa
3 - Hans Theessink - Late last night
4 - Michael Höltzel & Philharmonia de Camera (George Frederick Händel) - Konzert für harfe und orchester b-dur
5 - Quincy Jones - The places you find love
6 - Ben Webster - The man I love
7 - Gerhard Oppelt (Max Preger) - Linderkirche Berlin
8 - Frederick Fennell & Dallas Wind Symphony (Vaclav Nelhybel) - Trittico: Allegro maestoso
9 - Rickie Lee Jones - Dat dere
10 - Eliahu Inbal & Wiener Symphoniker (Dimitri Schostakovich) - Symphony No.9
11 - Stevie Ray Vaughan - Tin Pan Alley
12 - Anne Sophie von Otter & Musica Antigua Köln (George Frederick Händel) - Marienges
13 - Pink Floyd - Another brick in the wall
14 - Pink Floyd - The happiest days of our lives
15 - Pink Floyd - Another brick in the wall 2

CD 3:
1 - Melissa Walker - A Time For Love
2 - Gil Shaham, Göran Söllscher (Niccolò Paganini) - Sonata Concertata
3 - John Lee Hooker - Early One Morning
4 - Bennie Wallace - It’s The Talk Of The Town
5 - Michael Erxleben & New Berlin Chamber Orchestra (Gioachino Antonio Rossin) - Sonata I G-Dur
6 - Hans Theessink - The Planet
7 - Myung-Whun Chung & Bastille Opera Orchestra with Frederic Laroque (Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov) - Scheherazade: Allegro Molto
8 - Hans-Jurgen Schnoor (Johann Sebastian Bach) - Orgelwerke 1
9 - Hugh Masekelea - Stimela (The coal train)
10 - Yim Hok-Man - Poem of Chinese Drums

Last edited:

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Happy birthday, Steve. I believe I have vol. 2. Will have to check when I get home.

Tom

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Happy birthday Steve - unfortunately I only own CD2 and CD3.

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Happy birthday Steve - unfortunately I only own CD2 and CD3.

You mean CD2 and CD3? Nobody I have ever met except possibly Mike Lavigne owns CD1. Mike are you around. I seem to rememvber you writing somewhere that you own CD1. Is that correct?

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Steve,

It is CD2:
Burmester_CD2.jpg

Take a look at the track listing for all the Burmeser CDs I have put togheter in a post above.

All the best,
Roy

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
You mean CD2 and CD3? Nobody I have ever met except possibly Mike Lavigne owns CD1. Mike are you around. I seem to rememvber you writing somewhere that you own CD1. Is that correct?

i don't have CD1, but own 2 original copies of CD2, and i have every source recording for the track list of CD2.

i'm sure i played track 12 maybe 5000 times at least thru the years.

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Thanks, Mike. Unfortunatly that track has skipped me, but I will surely not pass on it now! Thanks for the recomendation.

Maybe then you can please help me with one detail. As you can see from my track listing of Burmester CD 2 above, the track listing differs from whats on the cover of the original Burmester CD 2. This is because the track listing on the original is not accurate. It shows the artist and the name of the CD but not of the actual track. I have managed to find the track name of almost all the tracks except #7. Can you please fill in the gap and let me know the full name of track #7 from the Burmester CD2 by taking the track name from the original recording of that track. The original recording is this one as far as I have learned: http://www.dailyaudiophile.com/burmester-cd-iii-demo-disc-review/

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
you are indeed correct as I just went up stairs only to discover that I have both CD2 (burned copy) and CD3 (original copy)

I thought the Sophie Van Otter was the last track on 3 but indeed it is CD2

So I 'd like a copy of Cd1 if it is around here

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
I have CD1 but I need to verify that it is indeed a genuine Chinese remaster of the original Burmester CD1. Here are pictures of the front and the back of the one I have:

Burmester_CD1.jpg

Burmester_CD1_Track_Listing.jpg

Steve, I will include a burned copy with the collection I am sending you if you are intereted.

All the best,
Roy

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Thanks, Mike. Unfortunatly that track has skipped me, but I will surely not pass on it now! Thanks for the recomendation.

Maybe then you can please help me with one detail. As you can see from my track listing of Burmester CD 2 above, the track listing differs from whats on the cover of the original Burmester CD 2. This is because the track listing on the original is not accurate. It shows the artist and the name of the CD but not of the actual track. I have managed to find the track name of almost all the tracks except #7. Can you please fill in the gap and let me know the full name of track #7 from the Burmester CD2 by taking the track name from the original recording of that track. The original recording is this one as far as I have learned: http://www.dailyaudiophile.com/burmester-cd-iii-demo-disc-review/

when i get home tonight i'll find the track 7 info and post it.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
when i get home tonight i'll find the track 7 info and post it.

I have CD1 but I need to verify that it is indeed a genuine Chinese remaster of the original Burmester CD1. Here are pictures of the front and the back of the one I have:

View attachment 18005

View attachment 18006

Steve, I will include a burned copy with the collection I am sending you if you are intereted.

All the best,
Roy

Definitely interested Roy

Have you not used Shazam or Hound Dog to identify Track 7

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Happy birthday, Steve. I believe I have vol. 2. Will have to check when I get home.

Tom
Yes sir, CD 2 is what I have. That's the best version of Tin Pan Alley I have ran across to date.

Tom

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Yes sir, CD 2 is what I have. That's the best version of Tin Pan Alley I have ran across to date.

Tom

i like the CD2 version.......however, the 45rpm vinyl is quite a ways better.....

pardon me if you were only listing redbook versions.

i also have a very very good 2xdsd vinyl rip of it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing