Burmester Burmester - Art the ear - Vorführungs CDs

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
What I find very strange is that nobody seems to have Burmester CD 1. Not even HP had it on his list. Yet Burmester clearly stated that CD 1 and 2 were sold out on their old website. I wonder to whom those CDs are sold when none of the more prominent audiophiles of the world has it in their collection. Maybe it was only sold in Germsny or only sold in Asia. The other strange thing is that if the remaster I have of CD1 is the real deal, most of the tracks would have text in Norwegian yet at the time the CD1 was released Burmester was not present in Norway.

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
BTW,
The woman performing on track #12 on CD2 full name is Anne-Sophie von Otter and both that track and track #1 on CD2 (which are probably the two best tracks) are also on this demo SACD from STS Digital which I have:

http://hifidesign.cz/doplnky/2914

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Roy, your copy of CD1 looks suspiciously like a Chinese knock-off trying too hard. I don't think that 24-bit/192kHz mastering was even talked about in the early 90's when the Burmester CD1 was released.

There are millions of these knock-offs of the famous demo recordings. I have numerous copies of FIM Supersounds, Opus Test CDs, FI Analogue sampler etc. that are imitations. From what I recall, they weren't badly produced and in some cases played back on CD players of early 2000 vintage, some of the knock-offs sounded better than the originals!!

I had a real copy of Burmester CD1 in Singapore, but strangely I can't find it in my server when I ripped all my CDs before moving to the US in 2006. However, the packaging was even more basic than the packaging of CD2. IIRC plain white paper with simple printing, Burmester logo as a sticker.

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Hi Gary,

Yes, that was my suspicion too. I never meant that it should be considered as the real deal. What I am hoping though is that the contents (the tracks) are the same as on the original. Maybe you are in a position to verify that?

Thanks,
Roy

Luiz Felipe

Jan 30, 2014
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Hi Guys,

This CD is Really very hard to find, a friend of mine have one what play wonderful and I just saw one ebay seller put to sell 7 of this CDs, apparently it is the real one, equal to the CD my friend Have. If some one are looking for that, can be an opportunity. I has purchase one, but still didn't arrive.

This is the Link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Burmester-V...518?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf9a9826e

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
CD 3:
1 - Melissa Walker - A Time For Love
2 - Gil Shaham, Göran Söllscher (Niccolò Paganini) - Sonata Concertata
4 - Bennie Wallace - It’s The Talk Of The Town
5 - Michael Erxleben & New Berlin Chamber Orchestra (Gioachino Antonio Rossin) - Sonata I G-Dur
9 - Hugh Masekelea - Stimela (The coal train)
If you are interested in well recorded performances IMHO you should hunt down the above disc's, not just the extracted tracks. I doubt you will be disappointed.
Shaham&Sollscher also have a Schubert disc that's just as good

Last edited:

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Hi Guys,

This CD is Really very hard to find, a friend of mine have one what play wonderful and I just saw one ebay seller put to sell 7 of this CDs, apparently it is the real one, equal to the CD my friend Have. If some one are looking for that, can be an opportunity. I has purchase one, but still didn't arrive.

This is the Link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Burmester-V...518?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf9a9826e

if anyone pays $70+ for a demo disc, they are crazy.

Luiz Felipe

Jan 30, 2014
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
if anyone pays $70+ for a demo disc, they are crazy.

He began with auctions, and I paid U$28,00. but I think he didn't thing to be enough, and rise the price to Buy it now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing