What company makes the wires used by Transparent Cable.

robb

Nov 8, 2014
Dallas Texas USA
I am a big fan of Transparent Cable and currently use Ultra's throughout my system

I have always wondered what company makes the wires for Transparent ? I hope they do not import them from out of the country. There is nothing in their website that indicates who makes the wires for them

Anybody know?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Most companies use New England Wire for premium custom cables: http://www.newenglandwire.com/

I suspect they are the manufacture but have no hard data. I don't think there is any OEM marking on them. I will look on my cables when I get home and see if I can find any clues.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Sometimes you can trace the source from the cable 'E' number. Like E111378A. But most interconnect cables don't have 'E' numbers.

Ekmanc

Nov 25, 2012
Who cares? and what's wrong with importing them? it's a large globalised world now...

robb

Nov 8, 2014
Dallas Texas USA
Who cares? and what's wrong with importing them? it's a large globalised world now...

Transparent is an American company well known for the quality of their cables and company culture. I am sure they would want to support American workers/jobs whenever possible.

robb

Nov 8, 2014
Dallas Texas USA
Most companies use New England Wire for premium custom cables: http://www.newenglandwire.com/

I suspect they are the manufacture but have no hard data. I don't think there is any OEM marking on them. I will look on my cables when I get home and see if I can find any clues.

Looks like a great wire company if they do use them. Perhaps, the best way to find out is to call Transparent directly and see if they are willing to share .

Ekmanc

Nov 25, 2012
Transparent is an American company well known for the quality of their cables and company culture. I am sure they would want to support American workers/jobs whenever possible.

They are known for the quality of their cables which is exactly why I'm sure they wanna make the best product possible and not engage in some silly patriotic display but instead use the best contractors no matter where they are located.

Last edited:

JmCamrn

Jan 4, 2015
The original first generation of PowerLink Plus and PowerLink Super used shielded 14AWG cords made by Northwire. Their name was clearly stamped into the PVC jacket. Northwire was also used by MIT's older power cords the Z-Cord and Z-Cord II. I'm not sure what Transparent uses these days, but I have heard a few suggestions of New England Wire in the past.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I have visited TA factory back in 2006. At the time they used a wire that was US made. I have seen the spools of wire in their warehouse and had checked the labels on those spools - they clearly stated that the wire was US made, although I do not remember the name of the company that made them. But that was in 2006 ... many things could have changed since.

China and Taiwan have some super modern cable factories (they make OCC / Ohno Continuous Casting wire)... so there is nothing wrong with using China made wire, as long as it comes from one of those factories.

robb

Nov 8, 2014
Dallas Texas USA
Transparent company culture and ethics would lead me to believe that they try whenever possible to give their wire business/jobs to local friends and neighbors.

whistleraudio

Jan 6, 2015
I believed the Ohno casting factory has closed.

I think that the Japanese Furukawa facility has stopped manufacturing PCOCC due to economics. However there are a lot of manufacturers of "normal" OCC.

UPOCC is still being manufactured by the Taiwanese Neotech/Wan Lung factories to my knowledge.

Last edited:

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
AFAIK Neotech/Wan Lung is the only one left that actually has a license to produce OCC wire.

JmCamrn

Jan 4, 2015
Transparent's HDMI cable is made by Der An (E126286). An inexpensive Chinese manufacturer.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing