Another new member

Johnny B good

Nov 22, 2014
Hello everyone.

yet another crazy audiophile joining your forums. Good to have a place to talk about our hobby without all the strange and weird looks one hgets from family and friends

I am putting together a new system at the moment which is slowly coming together.

Here are some initial pics

800D 008.jpg 800D 004.jpg 800d 002.jpg

i am still playing with positioning of the speakers, and once i am 100% satisfied will spike them.

Am waiting on a symposium ultra platform to sit the amp on, have ordered some purist audio designs musaeus speaker cables, Purist Audio Design Venustas Interconnect Cables and a couple of voodoo platinum power cables, one for the esoteric C-03x pre amplifier and the other for the Esoteric E-03 phono stage.
Am currently running a shunyata python alpha to the power amp and a shunyata taipan VX to the cdp

will continue to update as the new toys slowly arrive.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome to the WBF Johnny B good! Those pics are gorgeous and your gear is not too shabby either! What components do you have for your media playback?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You've already got a warm welcome from JV, have another one from JD :D

Welcome aboard Johnny :)

Johnny B good

Nov 22, 2014
thanks for the welcome

JV, my main media playback is a VPI HRX. 90% of my listening is vinyl playback, and the only cd's i purchase these days is what i cannot get on vinyl.
The cdp player is a BAT VK-D5

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
thanks for the welcome

JV, my main media playback is a VPI HRX. 90% of my listening is vinyl playback, and the only cd's i purchase these days is what i cannot get on vinyl.
The cdp player is a BAT VK-D5

Johnny....we're gonna get along just fine! :D And Jack...you'll be happy to note that I actually picked up Daft Punk - Random Access Memories. This is big for me as I'm not a fan of electronica.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Johnny....we're gonna get along just fine! :D And Jack...you'll be happy to note that I actually picked up Daft Punk - Random Access Memories. This is big for me as I'm not a fan of electronica.

Nice one, JV...i think it grows on you. I certainly am a fan of deep house and [some] electronica...but never was interested in Daft Punk. Eventually heard a couple of tracks at the gym and got it. I found that it grew on me...quite a nice album.

I agree with Orb, i like Tron Legacy quite a lot...basically an orchestral/soundtrack approach to using this kind of music. More powerful...like a Hans Zimmer-type approach to electronica.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Welcome to the best audio forum on the net!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
90% of my listening is vinyl playback, and the only cd's i purchase these days is what i cannot get on vinyl.
Oh yeah baby!!! :D Welcome to the forum Mr. Johnny B Good! We hope you enjoy our community.

Tom

Johnny B good

Nov 22, 2014
thanks again for the welcome

received a couple more bits today...just snake oil, but i have my beliefs in them as i am sure others have theirs also which i respect.

a couple of these power cables, one for the esoteric C-03x pre amp and one for the esoteric E-03 phono

cables 004.jpg

and some nice interconnects, again to go from the phono stage output to the pre amps input

cable 001.jpg cable 002.jpg cables 003.jpg

hopefully tomorrow the symposium ultra platform will arrive, am really looking forward to this to be honest

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Looks like beside audio, you are also pretty good with a camera! Welcome to the forum and if photography is another forum, hope you contribute to that subforum too.

Johnny B good

Nov 22, 2014
Looks like beside audio, you are also pretty good with a camera! Welcome to the forum and if photography is another forum, hope you contribute to that subforum too.

Amir, yes, i do enjoy taking photos. Will be checking out the camera section for sure

Welcome! Purist Audio cables here as well!

Lee

Hello Lee, they are a great cable indeed, i think i will slowly change out the rest of my cables to them also

Johnny B good

Nov 22, 2014
The symposium ultra platform has now entered the building.
Its a beautifully finished product.

rack 003.jpg rack 002.jpg rack 001.jpg

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Johnny B good

Nov 22, 2014
That looks familiar John, same thing under my Dag amp. :D

Try a set of Stillpoints, between the amp and Symposium, better again:rolleyes:

i currently have the precision couplers between the amp and platform, and they seemed to make a slight difference compared to just the amp on the platform.
May have to grab a set of stillpoints to try.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing