Apr 20, 2010
Sorry-I meant the microtwo

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Guess Jonathan will have to chime in on the price of the Two's

Just talked to Jonathan and he said they'll come in right around $5-6k.

Last edited:

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I had the opportunity to listen to the MMMicro One yesterday. The little speaker is fairly impressive in many ways. Upon first listen, I was struck by the good imaging and by the speaker's ability to fairly well disappear and throw a wide and reasonably deep stage. This was possibly due to the fact that the ancillary gear was as follows: PS Audio transport, Electrocompanient DAC, Dartzeel preamp and amp and all EVA cabling. So, while we were listening to $2K worth of speaker, we were also listening, by my math, to appx. $60K of other gear.:rolleyes:
After a few test discs, I began to hear what i feel could be this speaker's sound. This is where I began to realize that two 4" drivers and a Heil driver have their physical limitations. The 4" drivers are, according to the designer, a combo of ceramic and other damping compound. Problem is that I was hearing a certain amount of glare and for want of a better word 'hard distortion" from these drivers. The ceramic drivers are somewhat known for this coloration and unfortunately, these were really no different. After a while this coloration would be VERY disturbing, IMO. The tweeter was also somewhat 'bright' although I could see it had air, however, at the expense of a seeming 'strain' as the volume increased.
Like many speakers, i think these need an audition in one's own system before a buying commitment. The 'colorations' that i heard may bother others more or less than I, but the question is could one live with these on the long term? Somehow, i don't think they are for me.:(

MikeDuke

Jul 5, 2010
Eastern PA
Any news on the Micro2. Has anybody heard these yet? I am just day dreaming here. I like my JM Labs 1027's but I am just curious about these speakers. Are they dynamic enough for HT as well as music?

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Anyone else on the wait list? jon will send the invoice to those that are just before they ship, looks like mid July. i liked these when i first heard them at the 2011 newport show and me thinks it was one of, if not the best room in 2012. price is now $2500 w/ stands.

rnsa2000

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2012
Rutgar,

I hope to hear them now here in Brazil in September. Sending these boxes take long.

Best regards,
Ricardo Nonato.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Ricardo,

I would like your opinion when you hear them. I am sure they will sound very nice. The price is very nice as well.

rnsa2000

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2012
Joe,

The dealer here in Brazil assured me that these books compete with books that cost 4x or 5x its value.

I have a friend who heard the MicroOne on Rock Mountain in 2011, he marveled at what he heard.

I also expect to like, but as soon as I hear the speakers I post my impressions. For small environments and more intimate these speakers should be a spectacle.

Best regards,
Ricardo Nonato.

rnsa2000

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2012
Joe,

:b

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Holy cow! That's pretty. Thanks for sharing. Well, how do they sound?

Joe

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
jjjmmmm...should I re-consider a break-up of my Avalon affinity? :)

I was not that impressed last year at RMAF at their room, but stayed there just for a few minutes....

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing