Very interesting:

http://www.evolutionacoustics.com/mmmicroone.html

- Bill

Last edited:

Rutgar

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas Area
mysite.verizon.net
I've only heard rumors on what they will cost, and since it might not be accurate, it's probably best that I don't repeat what I have heard. Although, if what I've heard is true, then they are surprisingly reasonably priced.

I think they are interesting because I think using one for a center channel for my HT, and and another pair for surrounds, would blend very well with my MM-2's.

Rutgar

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas Area
mysite.verizon.net
They only seem to have one dealer, and I can't find any reviews or measurements.

Are there any owners here on the forum that can post some in room measurements?

These are very new, and just announced. There should be more information coming in the next few months. I've heard Jonathan and Kevin might have them at RMAF. If not there, then at CES.

I heard the MM-2's last year at CES, which is what prompted me to buy a pair.

There is a local dealer here in Dallas, but you will have to contact Jonathan Tinn from the Evolution Acoustics website, to find out who you could talk to where you live.

Rutgar

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas Area
mysite.verizon.net
I thought I would update this thread with a new picture.

I got to finally hear these at CES a couple of days ago. $2K/pair, and they sound simply amazing! Jonathan and Kevin had such confidence in these, that they were the only speakers they brought to audition at T.H.E. Show. In the rack, was the new Playback Designs MPS-3 CD player, which sounded outstanding!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I thought I would update this thread with a new picture.

I got to finally hear these at CES a couple of days ago. $2K/pair, and they sound simply amazing! Jonathan and Kevin had such confidence in these, that they were the only speakers they brought to audition at T.H.E. Show.

+1

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Bill and/or Myles, not to derail, but what do you know, at this point, about the MicroTwo? All I've seen is the attractive photo.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Bill and/or Myles, not to derail, but what do you know, at this point, about the MicroTwo? All I've seen is the attractive photo.

Is the MicroTwo the version that will come with a woofer module underneath?

Perhaps Jonathan, when not tending to his new baby, can add something :)

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
The MMMicroTwo is the MicroOne with an extended cabinet housing additional woofers (6 to be exact). Having heard the MicroOne, my guess is that the MicroTwo sounds similar with additional bass support.

Well after hearing the MMMicro One, I don't know how much more bass response you would need. They do go pretty low. I was impressed!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So Rutgar, what's in your cards first, Micro as your new center or the MM3 bass modules? Hehehehehe. ;)

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Is the MicroTwo the version that will come with a woofer module underneath?

Perhaps Jonathan, when not tending to his new baby, can add something :)

Who woke me? :)

It was great to see those of you who attended CES/THE Show. Myles, I still like the Bill Henderson record :)

The MMMicroTwo utilizes slightly different midrange drivers as they do not need to go as low and adds 6 woofer drivers. The loudspeaker will go down to 18Hz and extend to 35kHz. Also, this is not a moduar design. The cabinet is about 44" tall by 12" deep and 7" wide.Very similar sound in the mids and highs as the MMMicroOne with greater bass dynamics, ease and depth. We should be launching them at RMAF 2011.

Best Regards,

Jonathan Tinn
Evolution Acoustics

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Who woke me? :)

It was great to see those of you who attended CES/THE Show. Myles, I still like the Bill Henderson record :)

Best Regards,

Jonathan Tinn
Evolution Acoustics

It always is until you hear the original Jonathan ;) I'll bring the original out to RMAF :)

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
LOL! Okay... Jonathan, What are your thoughts about the Woofer Modules?

I would not make it a priority. There are other areas where you can use the money and have greater improvement.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Well after hearing the MMMicro One, I don't know how much more bass response you would need. They do go pretty low. I was impressed!

What is the price of a pair of MMMiicro Ones?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing