What's Best in Parallel Parking

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I wonder how many cars they went thru before they finally got that video. :)

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I wonder how many cars they went thru before they finally got that video. :)

Was pondering the same :)..
Impressive though.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I wonder what would have happened if a car had dripped a drop of oil on the track when they were filming the stunt.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Wow! You need a stick to do that or can you even approximate that with an automatic? Sorry Gary, you can't try that with my car.

You wouldn't need a stick - with an automatic I can imagine that this can be done with left foot brake, no necessity to heel&toe. However you would need a handbrake. None of that foot-operated or button-operated parking brake nonsense.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Wow, very cool. Looks like he was going pretty slow to slide that much, wonder if the tires were setup to have lower friction than normal?

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
The surface looks like some type of sport court or similar texture. Also looks a little wet. Both would allow that sliding. I too wonder how many takes it took to get it right with cars, not cones. Lots of practice with cones but he still had to try it live. Wonder if the rule is you can't touch the other car bumpers? If you can touch the bumpers I can park a car in a space shorter than the car. Happens all the time here in Brooklyn. The real record is getting out of the space after parking it!!

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Back in the day, I took my driving test during a rainstorm on city streets. I had to parallel park a 1959 DeSoto, but I had a little more room than those guys, if I remember correctly. Still, the memory haunts me! :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A solution for the less talented :D

smart-car-perp3.jpg

Sauerball

Member Sponsor
Jul 30, 2013
New York, NY
New car has back up camera and front and rear sensors. It is too easy these days!

Had to parallel park as a 16 year-old. That's a good skill to get early on. Then again, I learned hand brake turns not too much later.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing