Stomp Live

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Stomp, the eclectic percussion/dance troupe, puts on a very fun live show in this Blu-Ray release:

http://www.amazon.com/Stomp-Live-Bl...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1284180812&sr=1-1

For those unfamiliar with Stomp, they make "music" with a variety of everyday objects: Bic Lighters, newspapers, trash can lids, brooms, and barrels attached to their feet! The show is quite comical and entertaining. It's also appropriate for virtually any age viewer.

I saw Stomp on Broadway in NYC in the early 90's, and recommend the live show as well.

The picture on the Blu-Ray disc is fairly good, but won't win any awards. The audio is LPCM, with choices of stereo or 3-channel PCM. Audio fidelity is pretty good.

Fun!

Lee

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I, too, saw Stomp in Manhattan, but in the mid-90's. Definitely agree -- a really fun show.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Stomp, the eclectic percussion/dance troupe, puts on a very fun live show in this Blu-Ray release:

http://www.amazon.com/Stomp-Live-Bl...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1284180812&sr=1-1

For those unfamiliar with Stomp, they make "music" with a variety of everyday objects: Bic Lighters, newspapers, trash can lids, brooms, and barrels attached to their feet! The show is quite comical and entertaining. It's also appropriate for virtually any age viewer.

I saw Stomp on Broadway in NYC in the early 90's, and recommend the live show as well.

The picture on the Blu-Ray disc is fairly good, but won't win any awards. The audio is LPCM, with choices of stereo or 3-channel PCM. Audio fidelity is pretty good.

Fun!

Lee

Never heard of a Blu-ray disc with 3-CH PCM before. You sure?

John

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Let's just say that there is no surround speaker activity that I could hear. I'll get on a ladder & put my ear right next to the surrounds and report back. The center speaker does play.

Lee

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
correction

Stomp Live does indeed have 5 channel audio. I got up very close to the surrounds and heard some applause and crowd noise. It's somewhat subdued, but the disc is great regardless.

Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing