New Sigma PC's in the House

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow bought from Music Direct. Anyone get theirs already that wants to give first impressions?

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
I have the Sigma Digital, Sigma HC x 2 and another on order. I have two sigma Analog and two more on order

I'm joining the Sigma club too ... seven on order (three HCs for front channel amps, another HC for the Triton/Typhon power feed, an Analog for my preamp, and Digitals for my MSB stack and Trinnov processor)

Last edited:

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
I have two Sigma HC on my Amps and just ordered another for my Triton.
Initial impressions or is it too early in the breakin in process ?
Hopefully, I should have 2 Sigma HCs delivered to my daughter in NYC today and next week these will be inserted in my system in New Delhi

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Initial impressions or is it too early in the breakin in process ?
Hopefully, I should have 2 Sigma HCs delivered to my daughter in NYC today and next week these will be inserted in my system in New Delhi

gotta give me a while as I introduce them individually (or in pairs for my amp and preamp) so I am anticipating several weeks.

I can say that the difference between the Sigma Digital out of the box with no further burn-in is noticeably better than the Alpha Digital

Caelin has outdone himself as to how these cables come packaged each in its own carrying case

The Sigma HC is huge and from their website......"has been optimized for maximum DTCD (Dynamic Transient Current Delivery) efficiency due to its massive 6 gauge conductor compliment and minimal measured impedance."

I also found this on their website and found it quite interesting

http://shunyata.com/technical-feat/78-dtcd/288-dtcd

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Steve thanks
Acc to UPS the package weighs 20lbs. Heavy for 2 power chords !!

Steve Williams

Mine came in a huge box with the first five cables. The other three apparently will ship this coming week. It is quite possible it weighs 20 lbs with the packing and the carrying cases that each cable comes with

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
First impressions: Within the first few minutes of installallation I noticed a seemingly faster pace... almost as if I was listening to an LP playing at 34 RPM, and a nice tonal balance as well. This cable replaced an Anaconda on a Lavardia IT 15 Integrated which I then put the Anac on my Metronome C8 DAC.

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
A pair of Sigma HCs arrived early this morning from JFK in the belly of an Emirates A380. The Sigmas replaced a pair of Cardas Gold Ref PCs on my Wavac mono blocs. Initial impressions : more clarity and air. Instruments that were in the background acquired more prominence. The highs appear a bi etchy. This could be the recording ( Norah Jones - Come Away With Me).
I am in the midst of a family wedding and as a doting father I am posting impressions of a power chord:D

Steve Williams

I have had the Sigma Digital in for about a week now and the Sigma HC for the past 3 days. They are both exceptional PC's. My initial impressions of the Sigma HC is that is an Alpha HC on steroids but more to follow in the next few days. The new Sigma series is truly remarkable

Today I introduce a pair of Sigma Analog PC's to the system for my preamp. More to say on that in the next several days

Hopefully this week the backordered 3 Sigma PC's (one HC for my Triton and a pair of analog for my Studer and for my Doshi Tape head preamp)

Once done and my Alpha HC's which were on my amps will be moved to my Fathom subs.

Having done such my goal of having an all Shunyata system will be well on its way with just the signal and speaker cables to replace. I still believe that there is better synergy to a system using all the same cabling and this has been a goal of mine for a very long time to have a total system employing the same cables

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
A pair of Sigma HCs arrived early this morning from JFK in the belly of an Emirates A380. The Sigmas replaced a pair of Cardas Gold Ref PCs on my Wavac mono blocs. Initial impressions : more clarity and air. Instruments that were in the background acquired more prominence. The highs appear a bi etchy. This could be the recording ( Norah Jones - Come Away With Me).
I am in the midst of a family wedding and as a doting father I am posting impressions of a power chord:D

Only a true audiophile would post the above :D:D

I suspect you have a few weeks of breakin before you cords sound even close to their best...so hopefully you'll leave those amps on while at the wedding !

And congratulations to you and your daughter !

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
JFrech is correct, I have experienced Shunyata Helix, CX, and Ztron in my system in the past.... All marvellous wires in their historical context. They uniformely achieved full performance in approximately 300 hours of operation... Initial peakiness is expected for your new Sigmas, and will be absorbed during break-in... Expect some behavior fluctuation that will gradually taper off towards the end of the cycle.

G.

Last edited:

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Only a true audiophile would post the above :D:D

I suspect you have a few weeks of breakin before you cords sound even close to their best...so hopefully you'll leave those amps on while at the wedding !

And congratulations to you and your daughter !
John
Many thanks. Weddings are hard work in this part of the world.
Completely exhausted.
It's the vinyl that keeps me going
Pradeep

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Reinserted the Sigma HCs after nearly 100hrs burnin on my HT amps. A quick A/B comparison with the older Cardas PCs and the results are stunning. Lower noise floor, more music. They are everything Steve says and more. The best or worst part is that I have started listening to my CDs . I may be forced to get a pair of Sigma Digitals for my transport/dac.
Cheers

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
Shunyata pic.jpg

New Sigmas in the house: Analog for the VTL preamp, Digitals for the ADA Reference processor and MSB stack, high current to feed the Triton/Typhon stack, and high current for the three front channel amplifiers.

My dealer burned them in for me prior to shipping. They sound terrific, even with casual listening.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
So I added just one Sigma HC to my system yesterday - on loan. It was burned in for over a week at my dealers. It replaced a Anaconda Zitron to my Triton.

Everything seems more "energized" It seems louder also (others have posted on this). I am listening 1 click lower on my preamp's volume control. The Anaconda Zitron, which is a fantastic cable seems slower in comparison. Needless to say, the Sigma HC is no longer a loaner...I'm buying it.

Next I added a DPC-6 into my Triton/Typhon via the now unused Anaconda Zitron. The only thing I plugged into the DPC-6 so far is my Apple TV and Grand Prix Audio Turnable motor controller. My vinyl instantly was better...more weight/wetness on the notes...more depth. I've watched the movie Fury about 10 times before with the Apple TV into the Triton/Typhon. Now via the DPC-6 into the Triton/Typhon the images have more depth, more 3d like, and the picture either lost noise or gained resolution. Everything seems to pop more. Just more interesting to watch...

Later today I'll move my clock and trans to the DPC-6

Last edited:

Steve Williams

The Sigma PC's are indeed difficult to send back. The issue of apparent increase in volume is something we all have experienced and the only plausible explanation is due to the removal of unwanted noise.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Don't you love that old cliche of not knowing one has noise till its removed. Has happened to me on a number of occasions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing