Chile travel

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Has anyone had vacation time here? Good, bad, ugly?

Contemplating 9 days here next September. Have been to Argentina and loved it.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yup, been there.

What exactly do you want to do over there?

I think 9 days might be stretching for a full country sweep, but you might want to stop by:

- Atacama desert. There's a very cool hotel in the area, Tierra Atacama.
- Patagonia (unless you did that when you went to Argentina). In Chile, you can go to Puerto Montt and cruise along the coast, to Torres del Paine national park. Beautiful scenery, not unlike Norway. This is one of the ferry companies: http://www.navimag.com/site/en
- Santiago. Stop by for a day or two at the most. Some of the ski resorts up the mountains might still be open, like Valle Nevado www.vallenevado.com.

Hope that helps :)
alexandre

Sauerball

Member Sponsor
Jul 30, 2013
New York, NY
Yup, been there.

I think 9 days might be stretching for a full country sweep, but you might want to stop by:

- Patagonia (unless you did that when you went to Argentina). In Chile, you can go to Puerto Montt and cruise along the coast, to Torres del Paine national park. Beautiful scenery, not unlike Norway. This is one of the ferry companies: http://www.navimag.com/site/en
- Santiago. Stop by for a day or two at the most. Some of the ski resorts up the mountains might still be open, like Valle Nevado www.vallenevado.com.

alexandre

+1 for Tierra Atacama. They have a place in Patagonia as well but haven't been there. When I do, that's where I plan to stay.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Yup, been there.

alexandre

Thanks Alex. Yeah, I'm not sure how much I can do down south in Torres del Paine in a wheelchair. and the weather in late September is probably awfully cold.

Santiago, Vina del Mar, wine tasting, Atacama was kinda my plan- have a biz class seat on hold (miles) and need to figure it out this morning if worth the trip :)

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
eh, let the deal drop. Think Rio is really where I want to go in South America :) and much easier to see the sights on wheels.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing