New ADA Trinnov Room Correction

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Very interesting in what ways does it differ from TacT, DEQX etc and what's its cost
Only clue provided so far is more expensive than $7,500 list. Earlier reports were between $8 and $10K. Details are scarce at this point. Will virtually re-map speaker positions, though.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
My paraphrasation (is that a word?): It modifes the output from the speakers to create a "phantom" speaker someplace else. An analogy might be changing the time delay so a speaker appears to be in front of or behind its physical location relative to another (reference) speaker. - Don

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
My paraphrasation (is that a word?): It modifes the output from the speakers to create a "phantom" speaker someplace else. An analogy might be changing the time delay so a speaker appears to be in front of or behind its physical location relative to another (reference) speaker. - Don

That, I already knew. You're supposed to throw some fourier transforms at us, Don.

Or Quantum Tunneling.:p

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Sorry. I could, but they make my head hurt. Actually, Fourier ain't too bad, but Bessel functions, well, they are most annoying. They are required if you want to really calculate the spectral components of an ADC or DAC from the theory, but the estimates are good enough for me. Like I keep saying, me hairy-knuckled engineer, not high-brow science guy. :)

I've mercifully forgotten virtually all my quantum physics. I had to give a paper a few years ago on heterostructures and had to get help for the materials side and to explain how RTDs (resonant tunneling diodes) work at the quantum level. I just use them, man, give me a model I can use in a circuit design and I'm good to go! - Don

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
and an update from an AVS thread, with pricing and other info from ADA

Richard_ADA said:
Alright, at this time we are targeting the TEQ-12 at $15K, TEQ-8 at $12K and the TEQ-4 at $10K. These prices should hold - perhaps even come down a tad once we get production rolling. That said, we are showing real units at CEDIA. In booth 711, we will have all three models on display and here we will conduct impromptu training and education on how it works but no sound as we are an open-air booth. Still very impressive especially if you are able to grab a few minutes with Curt Hoyt of Trinnov. If you have never met Curt, he is incredibly accessible and very easy to speak with regardless of your technical expertise.

In the CEDIA Future Technology Pavilion, the TEQ-12 will running off of a Cinema Rhapsody Mach IV B with the Triad speakers running off of a MPA-502 for the fronts and a PTM-6150 for the surrounds. I figure if we can make a show-floor sound room sound good, well...

Hopefully, the demos here will permit us time to do comparisons with the TEQ active to the TEQ in bypass mode. We'll see.

That said, you will have an opporutinity to both play with a unit in booth 711 and listen to one in CEDIA's booth 3847.

We used a Trinnov based unit at both CES and ISE earlier this year. At CES, we made a room in the Venetian sound killer and in addition to having the sound field face the screen (in front of the window) also rotated the room 90 degrees to face the in-room flat-panel (very dramatic presentation)....
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=19204388#post19204388

Emphasis is mine.

Personally, I think Ron should buy one so that I can hear it without forking over any cash. :p

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
and today's CEDIA press release with confirmed pricing:

ADA introduces the TEQ series of Trinnov based room correction optimizers, the TEQ-4, TEQ-8, and TEQ-12

New York, NY – September 22, 2010 – (Virtual Press Office) - Audio Design Associates (ADA), the recognized brand of excellence in high-end custom installed electronics, announced that they will be displaying its cutting-edge ADA TEQ (Trinnov EQ) series of room optimizers this week at CEDIA Expo in Atlanta, Georgia. The line-up includes the TEQ-4 four-channel optimizer ideal for two-channel (stereo) systems as well as the TEQ-8 eight-channel and TEQ-12 twelve-channel optimizer ideal for home cinema.

“The addition of the TEQ-4, TEQ-8 and TEQ-12 to our home theater offering solidifies ADA’s position as the absolute leader in state-of-the-art home cinema technologies. Along with our new HDMI preamp/controllers like the Suite 7.1 and Cinema Rhapsody Mach IV as well as our Whisper power amplifiers – the PTM-7150 and PTM-5150, there simply is no better sounding system available and we have the forum enthusiasts support here.” notes Richard Stoerger, Vice President & C.O.O. “While room correction is nothing new to our industry, the approach Trinnov employs is completely different from any other correction technology available.”

Utilizing the Quad-Microphone Acoustic Probe (Q-MAP), the TEQ analyzes the sound field generated by the loudspeakers and listening environment including the loudspeakers’ 3-D positions as well as the loudspeakers’ and room’s characteristics. In addition to remapping the speaker placements - including elevation and azimuth, the TEQ automatically corrects for amplitude and phase. The TEQ also allows one to set their own target curves in addition to presets ideal for music and film.

“The Trinnov room optimization system is the only one we have ever considered employing in our own product line because their processes take into consideration the entire room – electronics, speakers, and the room. Their research in acoustics which led first to the development of perhaps the most accurate microphone for recording surround sound is what led Trinnov to developing their optimizer technology and simply put, there is nothing else like it.” states Albert Langella, ADA’s President and C.E.O. “We started conversations with Curt Hoyt over five years ago and have been working on the TEQ project for nearly three years. I can say without any hesitation that it has been worth the wait and firmly believe that our dealer base will agree.”

“We are extremely excited about our partnership with Audio Design Associates because not only are they true innovators but because they are also extremely easy to work with.” Says Curt Hoyt, Trinnov’s U.S.A. representative. “Thanks to this partnership, we can make our advanced room equalization technology available to the exciting world-wide hi-end home theater market. We are confidant that in ADA, we have the best partner to achieve this ambitious goal.”

Trinnov’s automatic digital crossover alignment and room correction technologies are widely recognized as the benchmark in their field employed by large post-production facilities such as Fox Studios, the Quinta Group, the Teletota Group, and Cinephase in their mixing and dubbing stages. Now this same technology is available by ADA. The TEQ-4 retails for $10,000, the TEQ-8 for $12,000 and the TEQ-12 for $15,000.

About Audio Design Associates
Headquartered in White Plains, New York, Audio Design Associates (ADA) is recognized as the brand of excellence and has been the undisputed leader in the fields of high-end home theater and multi-room audio technology since 1977. Its mission is to provide timeless electronics that enhance lifestyle through entertainment. Albert Langella, ADA’s Chief Design Engineer, CEO and President, received CEDIA’s most hallowed award, The Lifetime Achievement Award, in 1994, in honor of his achievements with the company and technological contributions to the marketplace. In 2006, COO and VP Richard Stoerger received recognition as CEDIA Manufacturer Volunteer of the Year.

About Trinnov
Trinnov Audio is a team of engineers who are passionate about audio quality. We focus on developing innovative solutions that improve the quality of sound throughout the production chain until the end listener. Trinnov loudspeaker processors are used in music, broadcast and post-production studios around the world. In 2010, Trinnov partnered with DCI market leader Doremi Cinema to bring Trinnov to thousands of cinemas worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.trinnov.com.

ADA Contact Information: Audio Design Associates / 602-610 Mamaroneck Ave, White Plains, NY 10605 / Phone: 1.800.HD.AUDIO / Internet: http://www.ada-usa.com
http://www.virtualpressoffice.com/detail.do?contentId=374916&showId=99

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing