Best LOCAL Hamburger joint!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I had to start this thread, because yesterday I had one of the best hamburgers I've had the pleasure of eating in years! My nomination for the Best Local Hambuger Joint is a one-man operation in downtown St.Catharines, ON with very limited seating. Everything from the daily fresh ground beef, the sauces, the toppings and the bread was super, super fresh. You're going to need several napkins as his burgers are as moist as can be. I had the house favourite Guilty Burger, but as a single (no double pattie). The bacon was freshly cooked....not prepared and reheated, the caramelized onions added a nice hint of sweetness and the egg-bun couldn't be more fresh. His fries, while not the best I've ever had, were certainly well above par and I doubt you'd find anyone negatively critiquing them.

http://www.theguiltyburger.com/home.html

Show me your favourite local haunt and tell me why you like them!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Mr. Bartley's Burgers, Harvard Square...generations of Bostonians and Cantabrigs have eaten at this family run joint in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA that serves over 20 different kinds of burgers, with new ones all the time, each one named after a personality (the JFK, the Ronald Reagan, the Professor _____, John Wayne, etc...)

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Unfortunately, I only have two to add but am still thankful for (at the very least) having one great local burger joint in the area.

http://www.southernkitchenfamilyrestaurant.com/ and http://www.lupiescafe.net/

My hat HAS to go to Lupie's. The messier the burger, the better and they have to be the best in Charlotte. Some of you may recognize the "Southern Kitchen". They recently moved down from Chicago and serve some of the greatest soul food this tongue has ever had the pleasure of hitting. Yum, yum!!! While these may not be "local" to me anymore, I do work in the area(s) quite often and stop by whenever I can. From the new pad, both of them are anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour away. Still worth the drive IMO. Both joints are simply melt in your mouth type burgers.

BTW John, that sounded like a negative critique to me about the fries. :p

Tom

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Munchtown - Greenhills
8 Cut - Mandaluyong
Burger Bar - Makati
Charlie's Grind & Grill - Pasig

I like burgers :)

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Harmony Lunch in Waterloo Ontario Canada they do a pork burger . Old style dinner and it is old not made to look old not fancy just good have a burger and a milkshake it will take you back 40 years.

Dang, and I was just in Waterloo about a month ago! Next time !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing