Anyone ever spend time listening with HP? What was it like?

caesar

May 30, 2010
Anyone ever spend time listening with HP? What was it like?

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I had a number of listening sessions with HP when he had IRS 5s and Gen 1s. It was like listening with the "Father" of us all. The sound was really good but it was being there, at the temple of audio, with HP himself that made for the experience. I had HP over to my house back in 98, that was thrill. He was not known for visiting contributing writers. I had a spectacular listening room, 30x40 with 10 foot ceilings with tall palladium windows overlooking a tall tree filled hillside and small trout stream with spot lights all around. I thought he would be impressed but he never said a word about the sound. He really wasn't an audiophile, he was above that. I remained friends with him over the years and when the TAS breakup happened I was there in staunch support of him.

We were working on a collaboration video project of the Big Scaenas in Sea Cliff at the end of 2012... it would have been so cool if we could have pulled it off.

He was everything and more you have read or imagined about him. He was a true pioneer and to me one of the greatest entrepreneurs (not measured in money) because he nurtured and grew a entire industry. People respect Mr. Holt and laude him as the founder of the High End, but I know too much... there would be no High End without Mr. Pearson. Please have a glass of wine today HP as you listen to RCS LSC 1806 with God. I'm getting married today HP, and I know you would approve.

rca_lsc-1806.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing