New Hasselblad Cameras

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Are the compacts and DSLR Hassies "real" Hasselblads or are they the new Vertu of the photography world? I've not seen any photos but my suspicion is that they are the latter. Are they Sony's (I'm guessing because the lenses are Sony mount) in slick duds like Vertu's are Nokias in slick duds?

What do you guys think?

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Are the compacts and DSLR Hassies "real" Hasselblads or are they the new Vertu of the photography world? I've not seen any photos but my suspicion is that they are the latter. Are they Sony's (I'm guessing because the lenses are Sony mount) in slick duds like Vertu's are Nokias in slick duds?

What do you guys think?

They are re-badged Sony DSLRs. BTW, the division that was releasing those cameras, as well as the re-badged Sony NEX7 and RX100, has been recently shut down.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
They are re-badged Sony DSLRs. BTW, the division that was releasing those cameras, as well as the re-badged Sony NEX7 and RX100, has been recently shut down.

Are the specs any different from the Sony's. I have no idea about these DSLR BTW

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
If I were to get a Hasselblad today, the only one to get is the H5D-200c or another in the H5D series.

Those smaller ones (non-medium format) are rebadged cameras made by other companies with grossly inflated prices.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
No, they're just Sony cameras with bling. They're nice cameras . . . I would prefer to have the Sony and a stack of cash.

I read on AGon that they took a $2800 Sony and rebadged it Hasselblad and asked over 11K? Is this true?

Sauerball

Member Sponsor
Jul 30, 2013
New York, NY
I read on AGon that they took a $2800 Sony and rebadged it Hasselblad and asked over 11K? Is this true?

Sort of. The A99 is around $2800 and the HV is over $11k. The HV comes with a ~$2k lens while the A99 price is body only. So egregious, but not as much as it first appears.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Sort of. The A99 is around $2800 and the HV is over $11k. The HV comes with a ~$2k lens while the A99 price is body only. So egregious, but not as much as it first appears.

you're right...egregious indeed! Just not as egregious as i originally thought! ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing