H.P. has passed.

goldeneraguy

Dec 11, 2012
I started reading TAS in 1973 when Harry started T.A.S. His writing and views opened a new world for me.
While I never achieved capturing what I call the Impossible Sound in my listening room.I have had many years enjoying the music.
Thank you Harry,you will bre missed

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Lack of interest? I hope not. :confused:

HP and TAS were my guiding light (what to listen for) when I first started into this hobby decades ago.

In many ways, an amazing man for what he accomplished within the context of hi-end audio.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The high end would not have developed as it did without HP. IMO

Thank you, Mr. Pearson, for inspiration and guidance.

Lee
Same here.

Rest in Peace HP. I always wished/thought you would come back .. Not this time ...

ruxtonvet

Dec 13, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
A giant is gone. I did not know him personally but the loss I felt was acute. He brought music and high end audio into my life. I have valued his reviews since issue one of TAS. Golden ears and literary skills to match. The audio community is diminished by his death. He will be missed.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing