New Entry Level Systems Forum Created

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Shortly after WBF went live online I had a subforum entitled Entry Level Systems which included 3 price points for members to assemble what they consider to be the best system not to exceed a certain amount of money. This proved to be a very popular forum and was well read with many contributions made by members in all three price points. Unfortunately in a vBulletin upgrade for whatever reason this subforum disappeared completely and I was unable to retrieve it. As a result I thought this would be good opportunity once again for members to assemble 3 different entry level systems (under $3K, Under $5K and under $10K.

Feel free to discuss all parts of the system and why you feel for the money that this entry level system is a contender

So here it is and I look forward to all your recommendations

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/forumdisplay.php?342-Entry-Level-Systems-Worth-Considering

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks Steve for re-establishing this forum. It was indeed unfortunate that we lost the former as it was quite popular. Hopefully we can repopulate the new one with a good number of posts and member participation. The vast majority of audiophiles and musicphiles have systems in these price segments and it's nice to see they have a space here to talk about and discuss how to get the best out of what they can afford. Additionally, there are many members here who have secondary systems for a bedroom, an office or their place in the country that's been put together with thought and care, but without a major investment.

I can tell you from experience that gear within these pricepoints can offer the buyer/user perhaps some of the best values in audio and offer up very satisfying musical experiences. And that's what it's all about.

Would it be possible to add a General Discussion of Entry-Level systems to the ones created already? Some members may want to discuss Entry-Level systems as a matter of interest only.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
That's a great idea.

I just noticed "The Frugal Audiophile" sub-forum. It might be a good idea for Entry Level Systems and The Frugal Audiophile should to reference each other to get a wider range of viewers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing