Neolith

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Head it at the Munich show , great speaker . Any idea on final retail ?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Definitely looking forward to hearing it when it arrives at our dealer's place at some point in the future.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I think I read $50k.

I read that as well...but having spoken with my local dealer...there appears to be some thought now that they may actually come out at an asking price significantly higher based on initial reviews/feedback. The last we spoke about this (2 months ago?), pricing was TBD.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Hear around 80k , that's a significant bump up . Suddenly a not so attractive proposition

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hear around 80k , that's a significant bump up . Suddenly a not so attractive proposition

Yes, I got the same reaction from people who went to go hear it. I think they felt at 50K a great speaker...at 80K getting a bit marginal on value.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Did anyone hear this at its debut yesterday at Overture?

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I'd be curious about the Overture demo as well. I would presume the bottom end has integral amplification. One would think the screens would call for a nice tube amp but Overture is a major Spectral dealer so that is what I am guessing they were demo'd with. But I'd like to learn if I am correct, and more importantly, how they sounded.

BTW, there's ugly and then there's f'ugly. One can only wonder why they look like they do.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Gimme bass towers specifically designed to go with CLXs and IMO that would be a home run, an epic one at that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder obviously but for this beholder these monoliths are visual monstrosities.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Gimme bass towers specifically designed to go with CLXs and IMO that would be a home run, an epic one at that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder obviously but for this beholder these monoliths are visual monstrosities.

+1

Has anyone tried stacking decent i to make bass towers 2 or 3 high

I think i saw a photo recently of someone who had panels plus 2 towers of 3 stacked REL subs each. From the photo, it almost looked purpose built which was pretty cool. Assuming the crossover/blending work was done well...i can imagine that is quite a system.

I suppose the key is that the panel also has to have sufficient dynamic capability to compete with the big cone speakers...Sound Labs, Analysis Audio Orion, perhaps the custom-redone Apogees...i dont know about the 20.7 or these Neoliths...but sure would be interesting to do the 4-tower and see what happens!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Sorry...i just came across the 4-tower system i mentioned above again...its not a panel plus tower subs...it is a pair of Aida's with dual towers of stacked RELs (3 RELs per sub tower). Here it is:

Aida + Dual Tower Subs.jpg

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Gimme bass towers specifically designed to go with CLXs and IMO that would be a home run, an epic one at that.

Yeap, same here... or subs with Analysis Audio. I just can't fit either... And I also find the Neolith exceptionally ugly

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yeap, same here... or subs with Analysis Audio. I just can't fit either... And I also find the Neolith exceptionally ugly

Have you heard the Analysis Audio Orion which is their 4-tower? I think the bass towers are 7 foot panels dedicated to bass.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
No not yet.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
No not yet.

I like the word 'yet'...;) Definitely please 'when' you do! I have read very very good things about Audio Analysis, and given that the original 'dna' of their design is the Apogee...and i still remember those fabulous Apogee Stages...i am most curious to know what you think.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing