Anyone Have Either Magico M5s or Q5s in the SF Bay Area

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
My very close friend and audiophile mentor Marty ( member here who started the two most viewed threads on our site) is flying in from Dallas and will be spending the weekend with me. Whenever Marty comes in we look to audition new and exciting gear. When he was here last we were able to hear the M5s at a dealer's store in Oakland. That was just as the Q5 was announced by Magico. We are now wanting to listen in a well set up system to fully appreciate either speaker

This weekend we are hoping that some members here might have either speaker or know someone who does. Marty and I are looking for a friendly invitation for this Saturday 9/11 for anytime in the afternoon.

Doc B.

Aug 31, 2010
Hi Steve,

Get in touch with Tim Marutani. He will probably know where there might be some if he doesn't have a pair himself.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing