Hozier - Take Me To Church

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hozier is an Irish musician and this video has had over 18 Million views on YouTube. I'd never heard of him or this song. A friend directed me to it.

I'm gonna have to check out his work.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Hozier is an Irish musician and this video has had over 18 Million views on YouTube. I'd never heard of him or this song. A friend directed me to it.

I'm gonna have to check out his work.

I bought the 24/48 download last month. Blew me away. Fist saw him on Jools Holland and was intrigued.

Bono from u2 said he almost crashed his car when the single came on the radio....he had to pull over and gather his thoughts...lol.

FYI...interesting tidbit..his voice is a dead ringer for a Texas musician named Ian Moore, himself a brilliant recording artist.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Put the LP in my Amazon basket. :D

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
How is rest of the album?

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I have listened to the album a couple of times via Sooloos/Rhapsody over the last couple of weeks. Some interesting tracks but nothing that made me want to order the CD or from HDtracks.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..not my first choice in music but love the spit swapping scene

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
I bought the 24/48 download last month. Blew me away. Fist saw him on Jools Holland and was intrigued.

Bono from u2 said he almost crashed his car when the single came on the radio....he had to pull over and gather his thoughts...lol.

FYI...interesting tidbit..his voice is a dead ringer for a Texas musician named Ian Moore, himself a brilliant recording artist.

That reminds me of the story of John Peel (English disc jockey) hearing Teenage Kicks by The Undertones on his car radio and having to pull over due to being so emotional.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
That reminds me of the story of John Peel (English disc jockey) hearing Teenage Kicks by The Undertones on his car radio and having to pull over due to being so emotional.

What is ironic is that John Peel hated u2. They tried to get him demo tapes around 79 and he was unmoved.

Musicians and people with ears for talent have their antenna's up always on the look out for new sounds.

When I was younger and a strange new song came on the radio while driving with friends, we had to pull over and wait
for the DJ to identify the track...no Shazam back then!

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
What is ironic is that John Peel hated u2. They tried to get him demo tapes around 79 and he was unmoved.

Musicians and people with ears for talent have their antenna's up always on the look out for new sounds.

When I was younger and a strange new song came on the radio while driving with friends, we had to pull over and wait
for the DJ to identify the track...no Shazam back then!

I'm surprised. I would have thought that J.P. would have liked them, particularly early U2. That was when they were at their best.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
As a follow-up almost 2 years later. The LP is a DOG! Horrible recording!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
There's quite a story about him and that song
There is indeed! Personally speaking I think it's one of the most poignant songs I've heard in decades. The music and lyrics are in perfect unison.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing