Lavardin Model IT 15 - Vivid G2 - 14x18x9' room

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Looking for some thoughts on this combo. Anyone hear this amp? It's rated at only 50-55/ch but what it lacks in power it makes up for with music. I heard this integrated amp a while back and was very impressed. I want this to work but am I being realistic?

TIA

Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Looking for some thoughts on this combo. Anyone hear this amp? It's rated at only 50-55/ch but what it lacks in power it makes up for with music. I heard this integrated amp a while back and was very impressed. I want this to work but am I being realistic?

TIA

I do not have experience with the Vivid G2 but I share your enthusiasm with Lavardin electronics. I have owned the Lavardin preamplifier and stereo amplifier and the combo sounded very musical - the less grainy solid state I have heard, on par with DartZeel. However at that time I moved to Sonus Faber Stradivari and as they needed a lot of power, the Lavardin's did not stay for long.

Lavardin designs are optimized to have very low thermal distortion (memory distortion as they called it). The basic concepts of the theory and the design behind Lavardin products were due to Gérard Perrot, who wrote long articles on it using the pseudo Héphaïstos.

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Thanks for sharing, quite helpful in fact. I have experience with the Strads and they are a much easier load then the G2's. Which speaker did you have prior to the Strads that you matched with the Lavardin? We're the amps the same power rating @ 55 pch? Sorry for all the questions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing