Soulution vs. Constellation?

Altanpsx

Sep 10, 2014
I listened solution set with a q5, and Constellation. Argo with Rockport, inspiration line with wilson Alexia. IMHO Solutions are darker and more close to ss sound, but in a way different then ss maybe a more ss :) I had found them cold maybe a lifeless littlebit. Constellation is more close to tube sound in a good way, extra ordinary mid range, very fast and energic, they are very different in sonic presantation. If you are planning to buy pne of it, I highly suggest you to listen both them. I think if you like one of it, wont like other(or prefer in your system) also i think both of them are very revealing components, system match is crucial.

Redphu

Sep 24, 2018
Can we put Gryphon in there as well. I have M2 with Nagra Tube dac. What would be a good match:

centaur 500 II
Soulution 7 series
Mephisto

Emre Üçöz

Aug 1, 2011
Istanbul
I have a totally opposite view of Altanpsx. I own Solution 7-series pre-power and compared to Constellation setup. Both setups sounds not like ss but a little more tube sound on mid ranges and solution is far better on speed and control. Whereas ? did own Gryphons in the past and they are definitely darker than Soulutions and Constellations, but again you should listen to all 3 of them, Since everyone tastes are different.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing