What do the doctors here think of this?

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
In the worlds of politics, religion and audio forums, the facts never seem to matter. People are too tribal in nature. That is why is should be kept out of an audio forum. Audio is bad enough without injecting politics.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Back to topic please.

What do the doctors here think of a politician running the Ebola show? Bruce rightly asked, where's the Surgeon General?

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
[START RANT]
When the smoke has cleared, Obama will be remembered as the president that inherited the biggest mess in modern history,presided over the biggest recovery of corporate profitability and the stockmarket, the biggest breakthrough in "equal rights" since the civil rights movement, that finally managed to get the USA join the civilized world by providing universal healthcare, that exposed social conservatives the bigots that they are

The huge irony is that the biggest complainers about Obama are the ones that profited most from the recovery on his watch through a doubling of their portfolio, while his natural constituency of wage earners scraping by got royally shafted (through no fault of Obama). What more do they want you could ask? I guess greed has no boundaries. Listen, I am NO Obama fan at all, but the narrative his political opponents are trying to spin is flat out disgusting.
[END RANT]

How's that KoolAid tasting?

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Sorry, but it is politics that answer Peter's questions. I posted the link to counter the conservative viewpoint brought up. Tit for tat. Personally, I would rather there be no political nor religious beliefs and viewpoints on this great site, as they are subject to one's own biases and beliefs and get heated very quickly. On the other hand, statements made which are clearly politically motivated, which aren't moderated, beg for the opposing view.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Back to topic please.

What do the doctors here think of a politician running the Ebola show? Bruce rightly asked, where's the Surgeon General?

I'm not sure a politician could do worse than the physician head of the CDC, Dr. Frieden who testified this week

“I think there are two different parts of that equation,” he continued. “The first is, if you’re a member of the traveling public and are healthy, should you be worried that you might have gotten it by sitting next to someone? And the answer is no.”

“Second, if you are sick and you may have Ebola, should you get on a bus? And the answer to that is also no. You might become ill, you might have a problem that exposes someone around you,” he said.

Hmmm, so you can't catch Ebola on public transportation; you can only give it.

This guy runs the CDC like 'the DMV with test tubes'...

Frieden on Wednesday blamed the third confirmed U.S. Ebola patient for getting on a commercial aircraft on Monday following her close interaction with the first patient, when she had a slight fever before the aircraft began boarding.

However, later on Wednesday, the CDC admitted they gave Vinson permission to fly.

Sigh...

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
I have little issue with the CDC thus far.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I have little issue with the CDC thus far.
Really? they have recently admitted (prior to the current Ebola incidents) that they are overworked and have had numerous lab safety breaches this year. And I have to think that the fever threshold of 101.4 is a bit high when dealing with someone with intimate exposure to Ebola (the second US acquired case), and in fact I think it has now been lowered to 100.4.

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
http://www.theonion.com/articles/experts-ebola-vaccine-at-least-50-white-people-awa,36580/

Experts: Ebola Vaccine At Least 50 White People Away
NEWS IN BRIEF • Science & Technology • World • Health • Disease • ISSUE 50•30 • Jul 30, 2014
60.2K3.5K404

CONAKRY, GUINEA—With the death toll in West Africa continuing to rise amid a new outbreak of the Ebola virus, leading medical experts announced Wednesday that a vaccine for the deadly disease is still at least 50 white people from being developed. “While all measures are being taken to contain the spread of the contagion, an effective, safe, and reliable Ebola inoculation unfortunately remains roughly 50 to 60 white people away, if not more,” said Tulane University pathologist Gregory Wensmann, adding that while progress has been made over the course of the last two or three white people, a potential Ebola vaccination is still many more white people off. “We are confident, however, that with each passing white person, we’re moving closer to an eventual antigenic that will prevent and possibly even eradicate the disease.” Wensmann said he remained optimistic that the vaccine would not take considerably longer than his prediction, as waiting more than 50 white people for an effective preventative measure was something the world would simply not allow.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
http://www.theonion.com/articles/experts-ebola-vaccine-at-least-50-white-people-awa,36580/

Experts: Ebola Vaccine At Least 50 White People Away
NEWS IN BRIEF • Science & Technology • World • Health • Disease • ISSUE 50•30 • Jul 30, 2014
60.2K3.5K404

CONAKRY, GUINEA—With the death toll in West Africa continuing to rise amid a new outbreak of the Ebola virus, leading medical experts announced Wednesday that a vaccine for the deadly disease is still at least 50 white people from being developed. “While all measures are being taken to contain the spread of the contagion, an effective, safe, and reliable Ebola inoculation unfortunately remains roughly 50 to 60 white people away, if not more,” said Tulane University pathologist Gregory Wensmann, adding that while progress has been made over the course of the last two or three white people, a potential Ebola vaccination is still many more white people off. “We are confident, however, that with each passing white person, we’re moving closer to an eventual antigenic that will prevent and possibly even eradicate the disease.” Wensmann said he remained optimistic that the vaccine would not take considerably longer than his prediction, as waiting more than 50 white people for an effective preventative measure was something the world would simply not allow.

Does a Vietnamese nurse apply towards the quota? May be 3/5th?

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Hope all these liars take a heat seeking missile to Hell.
Does a Vietnamese nurse apply towards the quota? May be 3/5th?
What about LP = midgets, dwarfs, etc. I am not sure if LP includes trolls, munchkins, .....
Next topic - from Whatmore "NEW IN BRIEF" "reliable Ebola inoculation unfortunately remains roughly 50 to 60 white people away, if not more,” said Tulane University pathologist Gregory Wensmann. Does that mean DEAD white people?, or is this some kind of linear measurement? width or height? 100 feet or 300 plus feet? or maybe depth - 50 feet?
I think all the experts are ______ lying.
zz.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing