Just Arrived ! 2 pair of Wilson Audio Alexandria XLF in Stock. ( one is a Fact Demo )

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
First of all, why don't the moderators move this thread. Second, the unit was presumably sold as store demo and then we blame the shippers? Umm, no, these look like usage marks, but regardless, wasn't this item insured so you can go after the shippers? Where exactly is this "finest service that is truly upscale" that's been advertised?

No insurance would ever cover such, you can't go after a shipper for such when the product was shipped in such used condition.

I paid thousands of dollars for this unit and relied on the sellers honesty saying it was in new condition just like you would if you were to purchase something.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
We may have to tone down the ad-hominem a bit to have the messages getting by clearly ..

From the pictures I am seeing however this looks like a used item ... I'l lleave the particulars to the interested parties ...

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Yes USA to Canada, I relied on his honesty as we all do when making a purchase and not being able to see the item in person - besides email spoke to him on the phone. I trusted him.

When someone out right rips you off you don't forget specially when it's thousands of dollars.

I better stop, but I think he saw you coming. Not much recourse as an international customer. Just a guess of course.

I'm out of this.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
I better stop, but I think he saw you coming. Not much recourse as an international customer. Just a guess of course.

I'm out of this.

Your recourse is always your payment processor. Paypal and Credit Card companies will put a hold on the charge and chase down the seller in case of a dispute, and they tend to be very reasonable. Of course, in this case, you would need email evidence that the item was advertised in "as new' condition, not a phone conversation. Bottom line - when in doubt never wire funds directly, and create an auditable trail of what was agreed/sold.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Guys guys this rack was sold at over 50% off as a STORE DEMO ! Get real !

The vast majority of my current system was purchased as "demo" units with the requisite heavy discount.

40% +/- off list is not uncommon and condition was a typical 8 or 9 to 10.

The "issue" seems obvious as does the solution.

Steve, if Sunny is a "good guy" as you claim, DEV should get a full refund with Sunny picking up 100% of the return shipping costs. That's what responsible, professional, reputable hi end dealers do.

Where's Judge Judy when you need her? :eek:

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
Your recourse is always your payment processor. Paypal and Credit Card companies will put a hold on the charge and chase down the seller in case of a dispute, and they tend to be very reasonable. Of course, in this case, you would need email evidence that the item was advertised in "as new' condition, not a phone conversation. Bottom line - when in doubt never wire funds directly, and create an auditable trail of what was agreed/sold.

Unfortunately it's not that easy, pro's now how to work the system as do lawyers. There have been some changes and I also protect myself better but still there is no guarantee.

You still have to trust an individual when you are making a purchase and not being able to see in person.

Just refer to his first reply, "dropped by shipper" Actually this is the first time reading such, anyone can see by looking at the pics the damage of nicks, scratches etc couldn't be cause by such, then he replies saying the price.

I have emails and the actual ad placement but really doesn't matter.

I just wanted to warn others to be very careful of this character, he ripped me off for thousands of dollars so he can do the same to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing