C-J's new gear, + Lamm outstanding!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hey ll21, good to hear that you are very happy with the Gryphon & cj partnership. I am sure it will certainly outperform many designs to come.

...If I cannot get hold of a mlseries within the next few years, I will probably settle for an Artsa, and this I know very well because I have taken it for a spin on my Quads...

I hardly think 'settle' is a word to be used in conjunction with an ARTsa...I suspect that is one world-class piece of equipment! In any event, I can see you are smitten with Lamms...maybe you'll be able to find a second hand pair at a decent price in Asia someplace. Not sure how the duty works in Aussieland on 2nd hand pieces. Good luck and meanwhile, enjoy your already great system!

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Thanks for that, it is good to enjoy your current system, especially when it does sound great afterall!
In Australia they don't want to service second hand gear if it was purchased overseas. I don't why this is, it's their attitude. They only prefer to help if you were to buy from them directly on Aussie soil.
Whiles at the cj dealer, I have witnessed and heard so many stories of people buying in from Spore and requesting service. Since my cj & quad dealer is a good mate, he's willing to assist in any way he can even though it is not his customer.

Whereas my other dealer and distributor for mcintosh wouldn't even here of it. Their policy is "not my customer, not my problem."

A bit backward I must say compared to the US...
If I am to get Lamm's, they have to be brand new, or second hand from the dealer. In most cases here, dealers of high-end audio don't even carry used items, unless it was the demo equipment.

Those who have bought from overseas and bring those items into Australia are paying a lot of money for service and tec support because the dealer/representative wants to get their monies worth. I guess this is ok since afterall this is a business and not a hobby...

I will certainly keep you posted my friend. Looks like for now it would be the Artsa in the long run regardless of pricing. I just checked with the Lamm dealer in Sydney, they're quoting around 50 grand for the ml2.2 and 70 grand for the ml3 series. According to them these are just starting prices for used/demo units, and around 80 grand upwards for new. Forget that! Perhaps in the afterlife...
Cheers mate, RJ

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing