Why are forum borders pink? For a good cause!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Very thoughtful, thanks

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Yes, Amen to that mate!

Hey Steve, I was trying to check out a way of donating into the WBF account. Since I'm in Australia, seems like there is a process for swift code interaction between banks and extra charges. The WBF has greatly helped me in one way or the other, and I would certainly like to donate something.
If you know of a better way, please email: rajeevjayasinghe@gmail.com with any details on how best to deposit, and I will do the needful!
Cheers mate,
RJ

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
What colour was it for Prostate cancer month, last month?

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
In Australia at least there are more new prostate cancers suffers (all men) each year than new breast cancer. Good to see the $$ spent on breast cancer is working, however more $$ into other cancers including prostate would be nice.
Definitely.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
One of my dearest friends has Stage 4 Lung Cancer. They discovered it at the beginning of the year and there was no optimism expressed. She's still with us, but I don't know for how long. She won't talk about it and prefers instead to live her life with zeal and compassion for others. She's amazing!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
One of my dearest friends has Stage 4 Lung Cancer. They discovered it at the beginning of the year and there was no optimism expressed. She's still with us, but I don't know for how long. She won't talk about it and prefers instead to live her life with zeal and compassion for others. She's amazing!
My mother was diagnosed with lung cancer that had no treatment. She passed away in a few months. Ah, the dear ones cancer takes away in such a brutal manner....

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Gentlemen

I just deleted a thread that somehow tried to tie Breast Cancer awareness month with P!nk

I thought it to be exactly what devert said when he reminded us that this is not what Breast Cancer Awareness month is all about. I agreed with him and honestly if you guys want to start a thread on P!nk do it but please let's not tie her to Breast Cancer Awareness Month

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
Took my wife downtown for her annual mammogram today, so I really appreciate Steve and Amir putting up the pink borders.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
By 'Pink' you refer to the rock singer.
Alecia Beth Moore (born September 8, 1979), better known by her stage name Pink (stylized as P!nk), is an American singer, songwriter, and actress.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Tuesday as a sports commentator, Keith Olbermann did a segment on prostate cancer. But they way over simplified the problem,

[h=3]Ed Randall On Prostate Cancer Awareness[/h] Ed Randall joins Keith Olbermann to discuss his quest to make the prostate cancer awareness movement just as effective and powerful as the breast cancer awareness movement.

October 14, 2014

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11702328

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Tuesday as a sports commentator, Keith Olbermann did a segment on prostate cancer. But they way over simplified the problem,

[h=3]Ed Randall On Prostate Cancer Awareness[/h] Ed Randall joins Keith Olbermann to discuss his quest to make the prostate cancer awareness movement just as effective and powerful as the breast cancer awareness movement.

October 14, 2014

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11702328

great video and sobering statistics

Just like BSE an annual DRE for a man is necessary

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
As you can see, if you watched any NFL football this past weekend, it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month again.

Maybe amirm can give the forum some pink again.

Here's an interesting way to support breast cancer Patients and Survivors:

http://www.gopinkcampaign.com/

Maui Fire Chief Jeff Murray (from left) jokes with county Managing Director Keith Regan and Maui Police Chief Tivoli Faaumu before the kickoff of the Pacific Cancer Foundation's "Go Pink" campaign.

Attachments

• 602530_1.jpg
    602530_1.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 87

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing