DIY of power shielding inter connect cable

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada
I been a DIYer of cables ( power, interconnect tonearm ) in 10 years ago, I used many different materials and different construction ways to see how they were in difference , finally I found with power shielding was the best of them ,since that there are no new idea come out to my mind so I did not make any cable up to now, recently a ultraanaloguerecordings subscriber asked me to make a power shielding interconnect for him also asked to use the best materials. now a day all I can get is 4N solid silver for conductor and WBT solid silver RCA plug and silver coasted telfon wire for shielding, when you have the best input source just up grade a part of your system will give you a unexpected surprise result of change, this pair of cable only take a week to finish also quality can match to the most hi end cables in the market
tony ma

Attachments

• PA050031[1].jpg
    PA050031[1].jpg
    467 KB · Views: 369

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Very cool, Tony :cool:
Would this be feasible with a 3-conductor, i.e., XLR, cable? Maximum length, if so?
Thanks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing