Here's yet another contrarian opinion from me. We are in a Golden Age.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
That is a nice benefit. But then again LP popularity is moving prices upward as well.

roberto

Hola amigos. I am going to chime a little bit here. Reading all the posts, I find myself out of your leagues. I think that the new circuits topologies, and the industrial research in new magnets, types of materials, better capacitors, resistors, tubes, transistors, diodes, etc, had benefit a lot our audio gear. Digital is advancing big steps with new DACs and presenting new ways of how the get the most of the recordings. Vinyl has it too. New turntable designs, tonearms a cartridges are providing excellent results! To my ears, both worlds are fantastic!

I do not know if, because my ears are getting old, but I am enjoying the music as never before. Or I should say, having the musician(s) playing for me every time I do listen my system. Yes, still are many flaws to resolve, but are tiny things. I am in heaven. As an example, the recording of the 6 Paganini Concertos played by the Master Mr. Salvatore Accardo, is something that I had never listen before. And this recording was made in 76!.

My point here, is that with the new technology available, we are getting closer every day to the real event. And this technology not necessary is a steal.

Yes, we have to deal with the prices...and if you do a good research, you will find a very musical gear, that it has a lot of musicality. Right now, we have steal prices in some goods...all what we have to do, is not pay for those goods...we have the choice to buy what ever we can.

Some of us, like both worlds, the analogue and the digital...and both have its flaws too. But my advice is: listen what you like most! Enjoy both worlds as much as you can. Pay what you truly think the goods worth.
I am learning English, but sometimes I can not express myself right. Please, excuse me!
Regards from Costa Rica and happy listening!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing