Verity Audio Montsalvat

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Just out of curiosity - whatever happened to the Verity Audio Montsalvat speaker system. They were planned for last year release I think. Did the economics of the project break its back or ar they still planning to go through with it? I would be very interested to learn the details of that speaker.

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Paul Manos at High Fidelity Services is the distributor for Verity. He is very helpful and can certainly provide info.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My understanding is that is available on a per order basis.

Mordecai

Jul 18, 2014
It had been on their website for a long time but recently deleted. So maybe they're not a goer?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yeah, maybe. It was up a few days ago. It was a gorgeous looking statement and if it sounded like a Verity it would have been great.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Its interesting...it looked to me like they took their flagship speakers...and then build MASSIVE dual-column subs to give them scale. The question I always had was...were the original flagship speakers really able to deliver the midrange and treble SCALE that you'd expect from such an all-out effort?

Take Jack's up and coming setup...the main towers are HUGE. Genesis 1.2s, Tidal 4-tower, Rockport Arrakis, XLFs plus dual-Thors. I am aBIG fan of well setup subs and they do add scale in my experience...but when I went from SF Strads to Wilson X1s...I learned a lot about scale. And when I heard Genesis 1.1s and Rockport ARrakis...I learned even more. There is a lot in the bass which many do not appreciate til they hear it expertly done...but there is ALSO a lot more in the mids/treble than I fully appreciated until really hearing it like the 2-3 systems that delivered yet another whole level above.

Can the main speakers of the Verity Montsalvat do that? Anyone have any thoughts based on their current flagship main speakers (which I thought anchor the Montsalvat system)?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Why is this forum so quiet on Veritys? As a planar lover, that is the only box speaker i would buy, even above some planars, because I find its midrange amazing, with many of the box benefits. A bit low in bass as compared to some other box speakers, but I guess that can be easily solved with a well integrated sub. And that is specifically of the new range, Leonore upwards, which are higher sensitivity speakers. I am not a fan of the older Parsifal Ovation ranges. I heard one in Munich, either the Sarastro II or the Parsifal Anniversary, can't remember, with the Nagra? And I have heard a properly set up Leonore with Passlab monos. The Leonore was amazing, sound flowed out like water.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Has any actually heard this Monsalvat in quiet, leisurely, non-show conditions?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing