Thomas Mayer LCR Phono Stage

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I've only read about it...sound very interesting. Also saw TW Acustic has new 2 chassis phono stage debuting at Rocky Mountain...

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
I can't wait to see and hear TW's new phono. I knew he has been working hard on it for the last few months.

Hi pcosta, it looks very nice indeed - I like what I'm reading and looking at the pics on their site. Some thought has gone into it's design.

aertex

Oct 9, 2014
I anyone here familiar with this phono stage or has heard it. It looks like all his products are essentially "bespoke" or made to order.

You might want to ask Stefano at his blog "Twogoodears". He is familiar with Thomas Meyers products although I am unsure about his specific knowledge with his phono

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
I love what I heard playing with Wolf Von Langa speaker & the pricey & unique looking Thomas Mayer 211 Monoblock

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Can't expect that much fr such small room & all glass panels at the back wall . However I do hear enough to explore its potential?
Funny how we listen differently under show condition . I dont particularly like what I heard in Living Voice & Magico Ultimate room but some of us raved it like the best sound on earth . Well I suppose different strokes for different folks

anubisgrau

Mar 2, 2015
I anyone here familiar with this phono stage or has heard it. It looks like all his products are essentially "bespoke" or made to order.

There's one for sale in Germany on the following site:

http://www.audio-markt.de/_markt

(use search to find it, you can't link the particular page)

I have no experience with Thomas Mayer LCR phono but I do with his amps (I own one) and it's possibly only the best products from Kondo - AN Japan that have the edge. Truly magnificent craftsmanship, solutions and knowledge.

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
Hello! I bought 45/2A3 Thomas Mayer amps, 10Y line stage, and ordered the LCR phono stage. Would you like that we talk about that? Best regards

aertex

Oct 9, 2014
Please do reply and tell us of your expereinces with the Thoams Mayer products you have. I am sure there will be a good deal of interest

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
Ok! I first used a Viola Crescendo preamp and Pass XA 100 with my Avangarde Mezzo, until i listened Thomas Mayer 45/2a3 and 10Y linestage with Avantgarde Picco, bought by a friend in eastern France: it was stunning ! So right now i have the amps, i wait for the 10y linestage ( he loaned me the demo he had in Munich) and the result is fantastic! Tones are very natural, system really disappear and there is only music! As told in a precedent post, i think that maybe only Kondo approach this. I will receive the pre phono next week,and the Raven AC with Lyra Etna in july, so everything will be complete. I was in Munich, and i must tell that Wolf Von Langa speakers may be good, but result was very far from what i hear in my home. Forgive me my poor english !

Reactions: bonzo75 and cuntigh

Nicknick

Jul 15, 2019
I recently acquired a TM D3a Partial Silver, which is the most expensive phono I ever bought. It is a long way better than my previous ARC Ref 3 Phono & Coincident Audio Statement Phono in every aspect. The D3a has both the awesome dynamic range, bass slam of ARC Ref 3 and three dimensionality, musicality of Coincident Statement and then more. It is simply much more involving, I don’t feel need for another photo upgrade in the foreseeable future, well perhaps until I can save up for the TM Differential D3a....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing