TAS Review: Klaudio KD-CLN-LP200 Ultrasonic Vinyl Record Cleaner: Ne Plus Ultrasonic

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Congrats on a great review!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
The review is no surprise. I will add, old records and even new need a pre hand scrub with brushes to maximize results. This applies to any cleaner ever made in my not so humble opinion.

Mark Jones

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 9, 2014
I want and need one!

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Nice review

I have had mine for a month of so now and it is very good. expensive yes, however if you have a lot of lp's, amortised it is good vale. Around 55 cents per album for me.

cheers

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
Nice review

I have had mine for a month of so now and it is very good. expensive yes, however if you have a lot of lp's, amortised it is good vale. Around 55 cents per album for me.

cheers
Thanks Shane

Dre

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I have this machine and the Audio Deske. Either machine benefits from giving records a pre brush/scrub w/ Enzo juice and dry prior to it's first KL treatment...

hifitommy

right you are Rockit! a spin clean would do nicely as a pre-wash device so you could put an uncontaminated disc int the higher cost device that recommends no solvent or cleaner. do i think $4k is too much? for me, right now, yes. yet i know a guy that is careful with his money that is right on the verge. one cold buy wisely, that is wait for a special price or sale or buy used.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
So what does one use as a hand pre-scrub?

I simply lay out two micro towels folded in half to lay the record on. I use audio Intel no. 15 pre clean Enzo juice. I use a disk doctor or similar brush and scrub each side. I use a folded micro towel to dry the record off after scrub, throw it in the KL toaster And you are done. After that, I only kL when needed for dust or static. I have yet to do a record twice. Without the pre scrub, finger oils and pressing solvent residue will not come off with ultrasonic cleaning alone. Elbow grease is needed with the Enzo juice.

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
Bubbles.jpg

I tried pre-cleaning with these bubbles and then with the KL Audio using more bubbles. Experimenting with different vintages. I'm having a difficult time keeping the pre-cleaning fluid in stock!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing