Tone Pearls Records

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
You inspired me Leif, just ordered one also.

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
very nice recording
very lifelike and superbly executed both the performance and the recording.....
hope they´ll release more
the harmonics are to die for........
only weird thing is that you play it directly from the reel...no winding first
best
Leif

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Picked it up at the post yesterday. I'll give it a listen tomorrow.

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
I knew from the first few notes that this was a special recording. There's piano in my listening room! This is really a you are there recording. So happy I went for it. Great performance too.

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
good 4 U !
enjoy
just now I´m listening to the TP Clifford Brown....very nice too

BUT the Respighi RR recording of Appalacian Spring gave me the creeps yesterday!
fantastic low end as well....
best
Leif

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I knew from the first few notes that this was a special recording. There's piano in my listening room! This is really a you are there recording. So happy I went for it. Great performance too.

How long is the recording ? Pretty much a full 2500' reel of music ?

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
37 min.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
The tape is actually 850 m (2789'). This is the maximum length which could safely be placed on a NAB reel. We tried to optimize the track numbers and tape length.

Thank-you for the clarification. And welcome to the forum!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Laslo from Tone Pearls just emailed me to tell me he sent me a second TRPTAPE1 tape by mistake and so I'm going to send it back to him when I receive it......or......

I've not yet received my first tape since it's a 3-4 week time from ordering to dubbing and then transit time from Hungary to the USA. if someone wants this second tape that is already on it's way to me just contact Laslo and work it out with him and I will turn it around to you immediately when I get it. probably save you two to three weeks of time to receive it.

FYI-I ordered the NAB Metal Spool which is 149 Euro plus 18 Euro shipping.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing