GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Best Steak House:
1) Shanahans
2) Capital Grill (chain)
3) The Palm

If you haven't been to BERN'S STEAKHOUSE in Tampa Florida, you MUST go.

Their wine list is a telephone book in size (literally) and their food is exceptional.

See their website for the menu and information. http://www.bernssteakhouse.com

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Best Steak House:
1) Shanahans
2) Capital Grill (chain)
3) The Palm

Hello, Peter. I can certainly agree with you on The Palm. Another one I can most certain add to the list is Chophouse47 down toward Greenville off of 85. Incredible crab cakes there as well....real crab cakes, not an imposter.

Tom

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
If you haven't been to BERN'S STEAKHOUSE in Tampa Florida, you MUST go.

Their wine list is a telephone book in size (literally) and their food is exceptional.

See their website for the menu and information. http://www.bernssteakhouse.com
I've been there and agree. IIRC their wine cellar is amongst the largest in the world. Did they take you on a tour and did you go upstairs for desert

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
When it comes to aquarium pumps application really determines your "Best Brand". For instance....Eheim makes good reliable pumps but I think their most powerful pump is around 300 GPH, hardly enough to provide any aquarium over 50 gallons with enough "juice" to maintain properly. The design of the Eheim really isn't ideal for external use either. On the other hand if you need something to supply water to some sort of reactor, UV Sterilizer, or maybe a refugium of some sort, then Eheim is considered by many to be one of the best "Utility" pumps on the market.

IMO any aquariust looking for the best made pump that caters to "all out assaults" on fish tanks (fresh or saltwater) would look at ReefLo, Iwaki, Eheim or Blueline, depending on application.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
What about hotels... check out this one http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobs...pens-amazing-castle-hotel-in-northeast-china/ opened last week

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
When it comes to aquarium pumps application really determines your "Best Brand". For instance....Eheim makes good reliable pumps but I think their most powerful pump is around 300 GPH, hardly enough to provide any aquarium over 50 gallons with enough "juice" to maintain properly. The design of the Eheim really isn't ideal for external use either. On the other hand if you need something to supply water to some sort of reactor, UV Sterilizer, or maybe a refugium of some sort, then Eheim is considered by many to be one of the best "Utility" pumps on the market.

IMO any aquariust looking for the best made pump that caters to "all out assaults" on fish tanks (fresh or saltwater) would look at ReefLo, Iwaki, Eheim or Blueline, depending on application.

You're right - I should correct my post to say "Canister Filter".

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Best brands in food is very subjective..... here are some of mine.

Pots & Pans: Le Creuset, Mauviel, I'm struggling with a third..... may be Scanpan
Knives: Henckels, Global, Shun
Chinese Soya Sauce: Lee Kum Kee Double Fermented
Singapore/Malaysian sauces, marinades, pastes and stuff: Ayam, Prima Taste, Tean's Gourmet
Salt: Guerande

BobM

Feb 5, 2014
Long Island, NY
For steakhouses I would say you need to add a good Argentinian steakhouse to the list, like Cambalache in Cancun, Mexico. No steak I've ever eaten in North America can compare to this place.

For kitchen knives I would have to add some well respected Japanese brands, like Masamoto.

Now how about BBQ sauces (this list will certainly get long)?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
BBQ Sauce you say? For me, hands down....Old Mule.

Tom

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Now how about BBQ sauces (this list will certainly get long)?
No commercial product here. Sauce with Q is a condiment IOHO. Though we do make our own as most do expect it, with peaches as the main base, tomatoes added that have been cooked down to almost a paste. Funny you bring that up as we recently cooked down a batch. That time of year. :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Best Steak House:
1) Shanahans
2) Capital Grill (chain)
3) The Palm

Dangerous!
Paris: Lasserre Franco French
Madrid fronton steak
Milan la briccola steak
Hong Kong: Four Seasons Hotel dim sum; Yeung Ke any kind of roast meat
buenos Aires: Cabana Las Lilas steak
Tokyo: Jumbo mindblowinglybgood yakiniku thin sliced insanely good beef super fatty
London: sushi tetsu as close to tsukiji fish market Tokyo in london; Tamarind for Indian
Hanoi: forget but will dig them out for bun cha and pho soup noodles
Penang: gotta hit the street hawkers...

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I have not traveled as much as a lot of people on this site but my top 3 cities for food drink and a great place to be.

1. Prague, Czech Rep.
2. Quebec city Canada
3. xiamen , China

Honourable Mention New Orleans USA

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Sam Adams Utopias
Puts many top shelf spirits to shame.
I'm almost done my 2nd bottle. I'll have to stretch it as another release is not planned till next year.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing