What's Spinning Tonight?

My apologies for the terrible pic. This just arrived, today.

Metro ? Chuck Loeb, Wolfgang Haffner, Mitchel Forman
WDR Big Band Cologne
Arr. & Cond. By Michael Abene
Big Band Boom

View attachment 122912
Hi PHAA,

Not a bad photo at all… I can perfectly see everything there is to see in the pic, so no worries man… Most important is to show a photo when your right in the middle of it all ;) , so I think this shows you’re busy with your beautiful tape deck… Keep it up?!!

Kindest Regards

Jk

Follow up on the Ascona?:

Beverly Hill Cop II - The Orginal Motion Picture Soundtrack, from 1987, with various artists, on black vinyl at 33rpm. Very good overall sounding album. Gets one to think of summer, party-drinks, bikini-butts, good times, and a very funny movie :p… awesome memories…!!! Enjoy!

/ Jk

IMG_9637.jpeg

On the Ascona I jumped from Hollywood back to Europe and to this 12” maxi-single?:

Techno Mania Megamix, from 1991, with various artists, on black vinyl at 45rpm (though is says 33rpm, but it is not).

This 12” megamix is a crazy sounding monsterous force driving vinyl, that you better be careful with if playing, and make sure your system can handle it, as it is recorded with very high gain in the whole spectrum, specially in the lower frequences. So hold on to the cap when blasting off this one? :D !!

/ Jk
IMG_9642.jpeg IMG_9643.jpeg IMG_9646.jpeg

Reactions: XV-1
Bob Marley man
:D
certainly the only decent thing to come out of Singapore. happy weekend all

jCZMjKp.jpg
I thought he was from Jamaica me crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: XV-1 and Johan K
Johan K, just re-watched all 3 Beverly Hill's Cop on DVD a few days ago. Just love the music in it. :cool:
Hi Chris,

Sounds you have enjoy your self pretty good lately :p !! Love these movies too! Nothing like the 80’s and early 90’s… Soo many crazeeee memories, haha :D !!!

/ Jk

Walking past a charity shop 2 days ago, I popped in to see if they had anything interesting.
I found a Matt Bianco - Indigo album, in very good to Mint condition for £1.99. I picked it up as I only had it on cassette. When I got home I put it through the record cleaner like I do with everything I buy new or second-hand. Then put it into new sleeves, it's in mint condition and sounds fantastic.
Listening to it, it's a good 80's recording love the way the sound is projected well past the left and right of the speakers.

Matt Bianco - Indigo

Matt Bianco - Indigo.jpg

image.jpg

This surfaced tonight. I haven’t played it in nearly 4 decades. The first few revolutions were one of those “Wow! Moments.” While the music is not the style I listen to regularly, the sound is making it impossible to ignore. Great pressing. Very enjoyable recording and mastering.

image.jpg

Remember the “cut out bin” stocked with record label clearance inventory? $2.99 new back in 1987.

This is another one that floated to the top today. Another very nice pressing and decent mastering. Really making a good case for the capabilities of vinyl.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing