What's Spinning Tonight?

• Love
Reactions: Johan K
Zero 7 – Simple Things - original UK pressing - still as luvly as ever 21 years later.

GZ8tKp6.jpg
Great album! I saw they’ve worked with swedish artist José Gonzales, kind of cool.
Well… Merry Christmas Shane, hope your holidays will be awesome. As a christmas-present from you to me I would accept that beautiful Lyra Atlas in the picture above, haha… it would do very well on either of my tonearms :D !!! Moohahaha!!

Merry Christmas

/ Johan

• Love
Reactions: XV-1
Great album! I saw they’ve worked with swedish artist José Gonzales, kind of cool.
Well… Merry Christmas Shane, hope your holidays will be awesome. As a christmas-present from you to me I would accept that beautiful Lyra Atlas in the picture above, haha… it would do very well on either of my tonearms :D !!! Moohahaha!!

Merry Christmas

/ Johan

And nothing but great Xmas wishes to you Johan.
All the best bud.

If we weren't 20,000 km away from each other, we could swap Atlas and Blue Lace for a couple of months :cool:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Merry Christmas everybody, hope for a joyful holiday??!
IMG_9530.jpeg
On the Ascona this very cold sunny christmas eve morning, when even Santa came for a listening session?:

Sofia Källgren - Julen Är Kommen, (Christmas Has Come), from 1990 on black vinyl at 33rpm. Very soft, good sounding swedish christmas music, with Sofia’s most beautiful voice… Enjoy!

/ Jk
IMG_9531.jpeg

Merry Christmas everybody, hope for a joyful holiday??!
View attachment 122228
On the Ascona this very cold sunny christmas eve morning, when even Santa came for a listening session?:

Sofia Källgren - Julen Är Kommen, (Christmas Has Come), from 1990 on black vinyl at 33rpm. Very soft, good sounding swedish christmas music, with Sofia’s most beautiful voice… Enjoy!

/ Jk
View attachment 122229
God jul…

• Love
The Cars (Candy-O) MFSL Pressing, Limited Numbered Edition.
View attachment 122041 View attachment 122042
I missed the Teres TT era. Yours makes me want to rewind to those days and pick one up. It’s an attractive statement.

Regarding The Cars, and Ric O, for several years after it opened, it was not uncommon to run into well known musicians at Carter Vintage in Nashville. But one day one of them nearly ran into me. I was crossing the driveway between Arnold’s and Carter (pedestrian mode), and had to step lively to avoid being “bumped” by a car. The driver rolled down the window and apologized. It was RO, and then wife Paulina. He smile. I smiled back .., “If I can’t trust you with a car, who could I trust?” They went out into the then less than terrible 8th Avenue traffic. I went in and considered some “new arrivals and unsold (overpriced) favorites”.

Last edited:
I missed the Teres TT era. Yours makes me want to rewind to those days and pick one up. It’s an attractive statement.

Regarding The Cars, and Ric O, for several years after it opened, it was not uncommon to run into well known musicians at Carter Vintage in Nashville. But one day one of them nearly ran into me. I was crossing the driveway between Arnold’s and Carter (pedestrian mode), and had to step lively to avoid being “bumped” by a car. The driver rolled down the window and apologized. It was RO, and then wife Paulina. He smile. I smiled back .., “If I can’t trust you with a car, who could I trust?” They went out into the then less than terrible 8th Avenue traffic. I went in and considered some “new arrivals and unsold (overpriced) favorites”.
They are nice tables imo both looks and performance and if you can find one you can usually get one for a good deal.

What a great story! and a memory to carry with you forever. It’s funny how things happen like that and makes me wonder what the odds are or whether maybe it was meant to happen that way, good stuff!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing