What's Spinning Tonight?

Robert Forster – Inferno - 2019 album. this album continues to amaze - brilliant musically, wonderful pressing as long as you get the black pressing (white a bit noisier and muted sonically).
Crazy Jane and the Day of Judgement imo is one of Robert's best songs he has written and recorded over his long career.
If for some reason you don't own this, you know what to do.

NhSke2t.jpg

Robert Forster – Inferno - 2019 album. this album continues to amaze - brilliant musically, wonderful pressing as long as you get the black pressing (white a bit noisier and muted sonically).
Crazy Jane and the Day of Judgement imo is one of Robert's best songs he has written and recorded over his long career.
If for some reason you don't own this, you know what to do.

NhSke2t.jpg
Crazy good sounding album! Thank you Shane ;) !

/ Jk

Reactions: XV-1
???? (Masafumi Akigawa)
??????? (rough translation Becoming Thousand Winds)

Fun fact: Only classical artist or single to ever claim overall best seller in Japan (2007). In spite of the serious nature it's most remembered for being turned around into something nearer a Kanch? by imitating his voice.

I’ve got quite a few of these MHS DMM reissues from the ‘80s. The vinyl and pressing quality is quite good.

Posted at least one MHS/Teldec made in West Germany CD in here on basis of sound quality. Own a couple LP of original works they recorded in NY area as well that were more than acceptable.

Reactions: Audiofreak71
image.jpg
This one is on the unique side … it floated to top today. It has a classical feel, but also reminds me of something that might be sold on late night TV. All of the songs were written by Diana Hubbard who also plays the piano on every track. Chic Corea makes an appearance on one cut with Synthesizers. It was an $8 record in 1979. I’ve listened to a couple of George Winston albums today, as well as Wayne Oldham and several other solo pianists. This one’s got quite a few “partners in crime” … “it’s interesting.”

Edit: I just looked her up. She was L. Ron Hubbard’s daughter. So now I remember where I got it. A very good friend who was a record producer and Scientologist gave it to me. I should have remembered when I saw Chic Corea also played on it. Well, she is very talented.

She says these songs were written to be felt rather than heard …an idea that has nothing to do with dynamic range or bass beat. There are no lyrics because the listener should have the freedom to dream. It’s sort of like “classical new age”. The mood she hopes to invoke is that of dreaming while looking out over the Mediterranean Sea from the deck of your yacht.

Last edited:
1702994315047.jpeg

Blues singer sax player Vanessa Collier - Live At Power Station .

2019 & 2020 BMA WINNER “HORN PLAYER OF THE YEAR”
2022 BMA WINNER “CONTEMPORARY BLUES FEMALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR”
2022 & 2023 Blues Blast Award Winner “HORN PLAYER OF THE YEAR”

Not sure if I should post a classical high Rez album I’m streaming right now to this thread, but WTF! This is perhaps the most sublime music for voice and orchestra ever written by a composer. Gustav Mahler wrote some of the greatest music ever written. Listen to this song cycle. It might just make you weep for a while. Music like this transcends eternity.

IMG_5751.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing