What's Spinning Tonight?

I’m checking this out. Clearaudio Master Reference with Universal 12” tonearm.

IMG_1137.jpeg
Listening to Percy Sledge. Setup is “first cut.” It is all sounding grand. Tomorrow I’ll move it to its final spot and do a precise setup.
It’s very quiet (cartridge is the Clearaudio Charisma V2.1, new so needs break in). I’m going to put Percy back on the LP12 and see what my goals should be.

Maybe this deck belonged to someone here. I picked it up used on consignment at TMR and have been working to sort it out. Installed cartridge this afternoon.

IMG_1138.jpeg

Played Percy on the LP12/Lyra Etna Lambda. Things that annoyed me on the Clearaudio are part of the recording (they are perhaps even more annoying on the Linn).

Now on to Cal Collins & Frank Vincent on the “new to me” Clearaudio rig. It’s really quite nice. Should improve with cartridge hours … already sounds like it’s smoothing out. Great percussive snap. I remember Cal’s sound. He’s here “suspending my disbelief.”

I’m checking this out. Clearaudio Master Reference with Universal 12” tonearm.

View attachment 121288
Listening to Percy Sledge. Setup is “first cut.” It is all sounding grand. Tomorrow I’ll move it to its final spot and do a precise setup.
It’s very quiet (cartridge is the Clearaudio Charisma V2.1, new so needs break in). I’m going to put Percy back on the LP12 and see what my goals should be.

Maybe this deck belonged to someone here. I picked it up used on consignment at TMR and have been working to sort it out. Installed cartridge this afternoon.
Congratulations! Looks great!

/ Jk

Reactions: Another Johnson
Whitney Houston – Whitney

I am not one for buying the same thing on multiple formats.
I have owned this album on cassette from when it first came out in 1987, I was then given a CD copy a while back. When Mobile Fidelity announced a new copy back in 2022, I ordered one thinking I’ll get it by December 2022. Well, it was not released till late 2023.
Even though I now have it on 3 formats, I have not had a chance to compare them to each other yet. This Mobile Fidelity version is sounding good though.

Whitney Houston - Whitney.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing