What's Spinning Tonight?

New Order - 1981 - Factus 8 - 1982 - perhaps the best EP ever released
so good I got my wife to put it on canvas back in the day
This is GODLIKE

9s2vBvo.jpg

Meine deutsch ist nicht so gut, aber ich verstehe ein bisschen, haha…

(My german is not so good, but I understand a little bit, haha…)

(Min tyska är inte så bra, men jag förstår lite, haha)

Sincerely / Johan
Gern geschehen - with pleasure
Your german is perfect everything is written correctly:)
Short story: 25 years ago I was sitting in a restaurant in Stockholm with a friend. I couldn't read the menu and we were trying to figure out how to communicate with the waiter. He must have been secretly listening. He came to the table and said: “Don’t make it so difficult, I understand German well.” I was really surprised at how many Swedes spoke German. Only I, stupid German, couldn't speak a word of Swedish.

Skål
Stephan

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K
Gern geschehen - with pleasure
Your german is perfect everything is written correctly:)
Short story: 25 years ago I was sitting in a restaurant in Stockholm with a friend. I couldn't read the menu and we were trying to figure out how to communicate with the waiter. He must have been secretly listening. He came to the table and said: “Don’t make it so difficult, I understand German well.” I was really surprised at how many Swedes spoke German. Only I, stupid German, couldn't speak a word of Swedish.

Skål
Stephan
Haha, very nice story Stephan!
The truth is that in high school in sweden we are able to read german if we like to. As many technical stuff is build by germans, it is very strategic thinking to be able to read and understand the german language, for professional purposes at work. As a young boy I had german neighbors next door… so that’s my story ;) ! (Very off topic, sorry about that - but anyway)

/ Jk

Reactions: DasguteOhr
Back to topic,

-and in the hifiroom right now?:

Jean-Michael Jarre - Oxygene Trilogy, from 2016 on CD, played back in 7.4 surround sound. Unreal sound effects! Feels like a live performance infront of the ”La Tour Eiffel” (The Eiffel Tower)!

/ Jk
IMG_9299.jpeg

A very nice package of four pop-disco albums and one package of MoFi Master Innersleeves arrived in the postbox this afternoon.

From upper left:

Alison Goldfrapp - The Love Invention, 2023
London Grammar - Californian Soil, 2021
Purple Disco Machine - Exotica, 2021
Roosevelt - Embrace, 2023

Let’s see how to start up this disco-friday night… Enjoy!

/ Jk
IMG_9303.jpeg

First out on the Ascona tonight?:

Hey’.. Mr. DJ… please play that…

Purple Disco Machine - Exotica, from 2021, Double Album on black vinyl at 33rpm.

Crazy good sound and wicked tight and fast heavy bass!!! Definitely Studio54 feel to it!

Behold:D!

/ Jk

IMG_9304.jpeg IMG_9305.jpeg IMG_9306.jpeg IMG_9308.jpeg

Third out on the Ascona tonight?:

Roosevelt - Embrace, from 2023, on transparent vinyl at 33rpm.

Nice calm ”new” pop-disco music with beautiful tunes to it. Definitely a floorfiller, a party-starter, a wanna have more of those umbrella drinks, haha :p :D !!

As for the good news about Koetsu yesterday, I run my Blue Lace to really feel the force this evening… Enjoy folks;)!

/ Jk

IMG_9315.jpeg IMG_9313.jpeg IMG_9316.jpeg IMG_9318.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing