What's Spinning Tonight?

On the Ascona this morning?:

”The Indispensable” Fletcher Henderson - A mono collection spanning between 1927-1936. This reissue however is from 1982. Still in mono, on black vinyl, at 33rpm.

Very good quality mono sound. Very clean record, with a silent background.

Coffee is just outside the hifiroom, on the bench in the hallway. Still very early here, so not to disturb the wife’y, I’m using my Zone 2, going into my headphone system then listening to my Denon reference headphones.

Very good way to start a sunday morning ;) !

/ Jk

IMG_9262.jpeg IMG_9256.jpeg IMG_9255.jpeg

Grant Green - Born to be Blue - 1985 French DMM Blue Note pressing - I wonder how this sounds vs the Tone Poets - this does sound v good.

UonLaF8.jpg
Got to be awesome! My Grant Green album is sounding crazy good too… it’s the ”The Latin Bit”, also from blue note….

This morning though I have not been able to free me from Mr. Flecher Henderson in mono, as he must put some crazy spell on me.. damn… this collection I posted earlier is doing weird things to my mind… It’s like having the old american mafia visiting the hifiroom…

- Like in the old movies from the past…

Think I’m in love ??.. ohh boy ohh boy..!!!

/ Jk

IMG_9275.jpeg

Got to be awesome! My Grant Green album is sounding crazy good too… it’s the ”The Latin Bit”, also from blue note….

This morning though I have not been able to free me from Mr. Flecher Henderson in mono, as he must put some crazy spell on me.. damn… this collection I posted earlier is doing weird things to my mind… It’s like having the old american mafia visiting the hifiroom…

- Like in the old movies from the past…

Think I’m in love ??.. ohh boy ohh boy..!!!

/ Jk

View attachment 120161

I have everything I can get from Grant Green. Niagara is especially good, as are almost all of his albums.

I am back on the techno with Moderat II - so cool being able to mix up the music one listens to.

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K
Ahhh just got rid the spell from Mr. Henderson…

So on the Ascona at the moment?:

Roger Whittaker - Live From Canada, original from 1975. Super live sound, extremely silent background on this record… one can almost hear a pin drop somewhere in the audience it’s such an exquisite recording. Enjoy ;)!

/ Jk
IMG_9276.jpeg

Reactions: Audiofreak71
I have everything I can get from Grant Green. Niagara is especially good, as are almost all of his albums.

I am back on the techno with Moderat II - so cool being able to mix up the music one listens to.
Yea I agree… well I flipped the coin quite a bit too… No reason why I won’t play any trance music soon after Roger Whittaker. I start to feel the urge for psytrance in 7.4 surround sound… hehe!!

• Love
Reactions: XV-1
I have seen them a few times. First time was around 1982 - they all just played, never talked, never moved, just played music - Burnie was also superb on guitar - it was mesmerising.
Back then, there was a band called The Wake who were the spitting image of New Order (even has a female on keyboards). I think that they toured with New Order. The lead singer, Caesar, was in the Altered Images, who were pretty good, but The Wake weren't great. That was 40ish years ago!!!!!o_O

• Wow
Reactions: XV-1 and Johan K
It would sound pretty awesome in your surround setup Johan with the floating production
Yes Sir, indeed it would!
Late yesterday I did listen to Zyce, Digicult, E-Clip, Mindwave, and many more.. All in surround sound… Just wicked sound pressure, extremely tight bass, sound effects all around… Almost like my own ”White Sensation” :p !! Wish you could hear it;) !

/ Jk

Reactions: XV-1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing