What's Spinning Tonight?

Reactions: TooCool4 and XV-1
Jazz at it’s best on the Ascona tonight?:

First out:

Patricia Barber - Nightclub, from IMPEX Records, from 2021. 2 LP on black vinyl at 45rpm.
IMG_9157.jpeg

Together with a 18 year old 5 casks special single malt , I’m having a blast in the audioroom this evening:p !

IMG_9156.jpeg

Second out - but not at least:

Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue, on UHQR from Analogue Productions and QRP, from 2022. 2 LP on white transparent vinyl a 45rpm. Enjoy!

/ Jk
IMG_9159.jpeg
IMG_9160.jpeg
IMG_9161.jpeg

Jazz at it’s best on the Ascona tonight?:

First out:

Patricia Barber - Nightclub, from IMPEX Records, from 2021. 2 LP on black vinyl at 45rpm.
View attachment 119310

Together with a 18 year old 5 casks special single malt , I’m having a blast in the audioroom this evening:p !

View attachment 119311

Second out - but not at least:

Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue, on UHQR from Analogue Productions and QRP, from 2022. 2 LP on white transparent vinyl a 45rpm. Enjoy!

/ Jk
View attachment 119312
View attachment 119313
View attachment 119314
Cheers! Enjoy the jazz and the excellent whisky.

• Love
Reactions: Johan K
Look what amazon delivered this morning. New Black Pumas - They were so kind they even removed all protective packaging before delivering
?

20231105_124259.jpg

• Sad
Look what amazon delivered this morning. New Black Pumas - They were so kind they even removed all protective packaging before delivering
?

20231105_124259.jpg
Sorry to hear. Hope the record was okay anyway?

Yea what the heck is wrong with the delivery companys these days?? A friend of mine had his LampiZator DAC delivered to the wrong adress 3 miles away. Lucky him another of his friends called and told him… he rushed on his 4-wheeler to meet up with the delivery guy… BIG ARGUMENT… then finaly the LampiZator could ride back on the 4-wheeler to my friends house… Can’t trust anyone these day which is sad I think.

/ Jk

Now streaming this morning?:

Houston Person & Ron Carter - Now’s The Time / Something In Common, from 2010.

Great sounding relaxing saxophone jazz with beautiful contra bass tunes, just awesome:D!

/ Jk
IMG_9163.jpeg

Sorry to hear. Hope the record was okay anyway?

Yea what the heck is wrong with the delivery companys these days?? A friend of mine had his LampiZator DAC delivered to the wrong adress 3 miles away. Lucky him another of his friends called and told him… he rushed on his 4-wheeler to meet up with the delivery guy… BIG ARGUMENT… then finaly the LampiZator could ride back on the 4-wheeler to my friends house… Can’t trust anyone these day which is sad I think.

/ Jk
Johan.

No idea how, but no damage whatsoever to the album and it sounds superb . Yea, courier companies are a necessary evil.

Black Pumas – Chronicles Of A Diamond - brand new album - Optimal clear vinyl pressing is quiet and sounds great

4FuNasc.jpg

Beautiful music - very relaxing. Thank you Richard!

/ Jk
This is arguably the most famous Chinese piece of music. It is their version of Romeo and Juliet. There are several versions for cello, flute, and erhu. My mom likes the flute one due to the flute mimicking butterfly wings fluttering off. The Erhu is probably the most traditional but not everyone likes the sound of the instrument - but I do - then again I like bagpipes too so...

My dealer saw my reaction to it (I blubbed) and he gave me the LP. He was surprised that a Westerner would like it so much. The remastered reissue I purchased later seems to have lost some magic. But it may have been my mood.

• Love
Johan.

No idea how, but no damage whatsoever to the album and it sounds superb . Yea, courier companies are a necessary evil.

Black Pumas – Chronicles Of A Diamond - brand new album - Optimal clear vinyl pressing is quiet and sounds great

4FuNasc.jpg
A fellow on audioasylum introduced me to this group - I didn't know they released a new album - thanks for that - I will have to place another order.

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K and XV-1

I waited ages for this re-release. They had it available for pre-order and then that time passed then it got pushed back and back and back for well over a year. Fortunately, it sounds great. Lee Hazelwood always seemed a bit underrated to me - not sure how to describe his vocals other than uber-masculine.

• Love
Reactions: Johan K and XV-1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing