What's Spinning Tonight?

Continue in mono fashion?:

Ella and Louis, Orginally released in 1956. This reissue is from 2011. Cut at Sterling Sound, pressed at Quality Record Pressings - an Analogue Production, a double album in mono, on black vinyl at 45rpm. Crazy good sound :D !

/ Jk
IMG_8994.jpeg

Reactions: Audiofreak71
On the SONY SCD-1 tonight?:

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms, 20th Anniversary Edition, from 2005, on SACD, played in 7.4 surround sound. Best version EVER of this album. The mighty power from the intro guitar riff on ”Money For Nothing” almost makes the teeth loosen from the jaw, hahaha?:p Totally Insane !!!

/ Jk
IMG_8997.jpeg

Last edited:
Afraid glitter and garland are both out these days. Too many microplastics.
Vinyl may be the next casualty. CD manufacturing hasn't kept factory lights burning through the night in some years.

:eek::p

First out this evening on the SONY SCD-1?:
Calm relaxing jazz with…

Patricia Barber - Verse, -Orginally released in 2002. This however is the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab version from 2005, on Ultradisc - UHR (Ultra High Resolution) SACD Hybrid.

This is one of the best sounding album I’ve ever heard, regardless format. Played back through the SCD-1, it is truly remarkable;)!

/ Jk
IMG_9005.jpeg

Remember the -80’s on the SONY SCD-1?:

Top Gun - Original Motion Soundtrack, from 1986. This Special Expanded Edition however is from 1999, on single layer SACD in stereo.

Extremely good ”Mach 2” live feel sound on this special album. Enjoy :) !

/ Jk
IMG_9007.jpeg

IMG_9011.jpeg

Last edited:
Continue on the SONY SCD-1?:

Closer To The Music - Produced at Stockfish Records in Germany, from 2004, with various artists, on double layer SACD. A serious audiophile recording with super sound :D !

/ Jk
IMG_9012.jpeg

Alison Goldfrapp - The Love Invention

superb album and the vinyl sounds amazing. I then realised that JD - John Davis from Metropolis cut the vinyl - he is one of the best around and has done so many other albums.
My heart dropped a beat to realise he had passed away on Sept 13th, age 63.
Very Sad indeed RIP JD

Do yourself a favour and pick up this vinyl as an example of JD's superb mastering.

f6s8ipV.jpg

Alison Goldfrapp - The Love Invention

superb album and the vinyl sounds amazing. I then realised that JD - John Davis from Metropolis cut the vinyl - he is one of the best around and has done so many other albums.
My heart dropped a beat to realise he had passed away on Sept 13th, age 63.
Very Sad indeed RIP JD

Do yourself a favour and pick up this vinyl as an example of JD's superb mastering.

f6s8ipV.jpg
Hi Shane,

Always sad when we loose good people. May he rest in peace.

I can see why you love this album. Darn good feel to this music. Streaming it right now in my earpods at work - definitely a ”got to have” album. On top of my first buy list?:p !!

Thank you!

/ Jk

Reactions: XV-1
First out on the SONY SCD-1 this Wednesday evening :)?:

Diana Krall - The Girl In The Other Room, from 2004, on SACD in 7.4 surround sound.

Just a marvelous album. Behold ;) !

/ Jk

IMG_9026.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing