What's Spinning Tonight?

Stanley Turrentine, "Jubilee Shout!!!", 45rpm, Music Matters Definitive Blue Note.

Steve, how's that sound...if its like the other Music Matters LP, I'm sure its superb.

The music is good. The dynamics are pretty good, but it has that old recording sound, sorta like on 78's, on some of the songs.
Worth listening to, just don't expect it to sound like the Blue Note reissues! The vinyl is very quiet and the packaging is very good. I was surprised that some of his most famous songs were not on the album. All in all, I think it justifies the price.
Thanks for that Sir! I'm more about the music than the sound, although of course it would be nice to get both.

Saw Steven Tyler at Bass Hall, at U.T. last night and he did a song or two from this album. So, I'm giving it a listen now. The Beatles, "Abbey Road", Redbook. This version is from the 2009 remasters. Since I twisted my back at the gym yesterday, I don't feel like getting up and down to change records!

Last edited:
After 2 months without access to my system I'm finally back to spinning some tunes. Have about a dozen new LPs to go through and here a few I started with:

Alan Parsons - I Robot (MFSL 45RPM 2LP)
Phoebe Snow - Phoebe Snow (AP 45RPM 2LP)
Brenda Lee - Be-witching Lee (S&P SH mastered)
Eva Cassidy - Songbird (Hot Records UK))

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing