What's Spinning Tonight?

After reading the latest round of BS in the HiRes proof thread

In goes some Barenboim Beethoven DVDA's, Mlp's I believe
Amazing how low the noise floor is compared to other formats or paradigms I've listened to recently. I can actually play at a volume that comes close to a concert hall without pissing me off. Who would have thunk it. HiRes can be enjoyable and the audio spectrum hasn't frozen over.

I couldn't remember if I had cleaned them all, so I went ahead and gave the Nitty Gritty 2.5Fi a workout.

Beatles Blue Box - that'll take care of my afternoon!:D

...Timbalake...

Ini Kamozi - HotStepper
Stevie Wonder - Superstitious
Lenny Kravitz - American Woman
Sugar Ray - Abracadabra
Dr Dre - Still Dre
Fish Go Deep - Cure and the Cause

...testing the system, shall we say...;)

Thank you...its a beautiful Saturday evening, and my wife is cooking and I get to play DJ for my wife...

...that's what we all live for...great music, great system and enjoying it with loved ones...;)

I'm both DJ and cook today, but that's cool as I love doing both!

Sounds like you're in a very happy place! I love reading that! :D

Got halfway through my vinyl Beatles marathon, but need a bit of a break. Decided to listen to my MFSL UDCD flac-converted copy of Dark Side of the Moon on my PC. I'm listening to it in a roughly 3ft near-field position, with the speakers pointed slightly wider than my ears. Sounds really good!

I'm both DJ and cook today, but that's cool as I love doing both!

Sounds like you're in a very happy place! I love reading that! :D

Got halfway through my vinyl Beatles marathon, but need a bit of a break. Decided to listen to my MFSL UDCD flac-converted copy of Dark Side of the Moon on my PC. I'm listening to it in a roughly 3ft near-field position, with the speakers pointed slightly wider than my ears. Sounds really good!

Sounds great!!! As dinner has been served, its The Hobbit on flatscreen and in full stereo mode (digital out from Oppo)...;) have a good evening!

Prokofiev, Ivan the Terrible - Tugan Sokhiev, quite possibly my favourite conductor...

I prefer his works every time I hear them in comparison with others. I have all of his CDs from Orchestre du Toulouse (Mussorgsky, Stravinsky, Prokofiev, Tchaikovsky) and he has just moved to Berlin Symphony Orchestra.

Way out West, Saxophone Colossus - Sonny Rollins
Art Pepper meets the Rhthym Section

All 3 are 192/24 2ch DVDA's
Superb, superb

^^^^ those 192/24's dvda's again
They sound so damn good
When sonics and performance come together its a beautiful thing. I love it when old sessions get remastered well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing